MSI z97 mpower

2 x GTX 980 in SLI (reference)

windows 7

4790k (OC @4,6ghz)

1000W PSU

16GB G Skill Ram

AOC 2460pg G'Sync 144Hz

Corsair 780T case

Basically when I play World of Warcraft I am getting these weird stutters/fps drops where the game feels like it stops for a millisecond and continues again. I have fraps and the FPS drops during this moment and then recovers back again instantly. I'm not sure when this happens or how frequent but it is definitely noticeable and annoying, I run around the game and bam it happens. It also happens every time I ENTER the game world for the first time after opening it. This does not seem to happen in other games, PLEASE HELP ME :(

Thanks

Hi guys,

First of all my PC specs are:

MSI z97 mpower

windows 7

4790k (OC @4,6ghz)

1000W PSU

16GB G Skill Ram

AOC 2460pg G'Sync 144Hz

Corsair 780T case

Basically when I play World of Warcraft I am getting these weird stutters/fps drops where the game feels like it stops for a millisecond and continues again. I have fraps and the FPS drops during this moment and then recovers back again instantly. I'm not sure when this happens or how frequent but it is definitely noticeable and annoying, I run around the game and bam it happens. It also happens every time I ENTER the game world for the first time after opening it. This does not seem to happen in other games, PLEASE HELP ME :(

Thanks

Sounds like thermal throttling or something running at the back.

or just WoW being WoW haha

If you are talking about the Garrison FPS drops, it's a well-known issue for everyone.

Poor Code/Graphics implementation. 

Hi guys,

First of all my PC specs are:

MSI z97 mpower

windows 7

4790k (OC @4,6ghz)

1000W PSU

16GB G Skill Ram

AOC 2460pg G'Sync 144Hz

Corsair 780T case

Thanks

does ur hdd ramp up to 100% at the time of drop?

Its just the MMO genre its self. It has to load the area about you and this can cause it to lag. You could put WOW on an SSD to get rid of this if its bothing you that much. I have my WOW install on a RAID0 SSD array and its flawless.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Sounds like thermal throttling or something running at the back.

or just WoW being WoW haha

the first gpu doesnt go above 73 degrees and I set the limit to 85 degrees on MSI afterburner and the 2nd GPU doesnt go above 62 degrees

If you are talking about the Garrison FPS drops, it's a well-known issue for everyone.

Poor Code/Graphics implementation. 

Not playing garrison. just started a new character :/

Could be your hard drive.

how can i check that?

does ur hdd ramp up to 100% at the time of drop?

how can i check that?

the first gpu doesnt go above 73 degrees and I set the limit to 85 degrees on MSI afterburner and the 2nd GPU doesnt go above 62 degrees

how can i check that?

how can i check that?

I am not sure about win7, google might help, but win8 it's in task manager so could be something similar. Also check ur memory, back on win7 and no ssd, every time I had this, there would be a line pretty high on the "hard faults/sec" chart in tskmngr

how can i check that?

how can i check that?

I was thinking bout the cpu being throtteled. not the gpu. sry

Its just the MMO genre its self. It has to load the area about you and this can cause it to lag. You could put WOW on an SSD to get rid of this if its bothing you that much. I have my WOW install on a RAID0 SSD array and its flawless.

I forgot to mention that I have an SSD, should I put the game on that? or do I need to fresh install it on there? The game also has this when I access the menu or press ESC to access the menu in WoW

I am not sure about win7, google might help, but win8 it's in task manager so could be something similar. Also check ur memory, back on win7 and no ssd, every time I had this, there would be a line pretty high on the "hard faults/sec" chart in tskmngr

I don't know what that means with the memory and SSD :/ and the hard faults/sec :(    I have a SSD with OS installed on it tho :)

I was thinking bout the cpu being throtteled. not the gpu. sry

The CPU reaches around 42-48 degrees only 

Here is a photo of the Hard drive usage!

KGpZHac.png

Here is a photo of the Hard drive usage!

KGpZHac.png

maybe its just SLI issues.. tried disabling it?