Will i3 3210 and GTX 960 bottleneck?

I'm planning to upgrade my gpu to a gtx 960 strix...

i'm having an intel i3-3210 and 4gb ram....i will also be upgrading ram to 8gb total when I buy the gpu

but I am in a huge confusion whether the i3 and gtx 960 will bottleneck..........

I will be playing BF4, COD AW, COD ghosts, GTA 5, COD black ops 3..... and some other popular high end games!

i want to play at 1080p by atleast getting 40 fps in all these games (low or medium or high dosent matter)

Please can anyone help will this combination will bottleneck too much?

if this bottleneck........ can u suggest any other gpu (amd or nvidia dosent matter)???

Thanks in advance..... :)

No

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

no

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Not sure honestly, most likely a little bit in the more CPU intensive games such as BF4 Multiplayer, but you could still certainly reach your 1080p 40FPS requirement.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Most likely no. The GPU will become a bottleneck faster than an i3 honestly. That CPU would be perfectly fine paired up with a 970/280X and everything would still be balanced.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

thanks for the superfast response ......loving LTT forums  :D  :rolleyes:  :wub:

I doubt it, the i3 has really strong cores and as most games only use 2.4 cores you're most likely fine!

My guess is that you should be able to play GTA V on High with atleast 50fps, depending on how good the CPU does, you probably will get above 60fps.

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

No, i run a Intel Pentium G3258 With a GTX 960 EVGA @1455Mhz with 16GBS Of ram, run's smoother than i thought it would be.

thanks for the superfast response ......loving LTT forums  :D  :rolleyes:  :wub:

Welcome to the forums by the way!

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

No one reccomended pairing Ivy i3s with GTX 680 ( which is equal in power with 960) back in day, gap between Ivy and Haswell i3s is pretty noticeable, atm it could actually bottleneck, DX12 should elimanate it in future tho.

No not really, i3's are already fully saturated mostly. It's the multicore CPU's which should see some improvement.

No its overall, GPUs will be more independent from CPUs with DX12, my english isnt the best, so i dont know how to explain properly, but i hope you get the bigger picture there.

No its overall, GPUs will be more independent from CPUs with DX12, my english isnt the best, so i dont know how to explain properly, but i hope you get the bigger picture there.

No it won't be more independant. DX12 raises the bar for drawcalls due to less overhead in the API and introduces new features and rendering tools, where dx11 is currently at it's peak drawcalls and you see it only scale with IPC. It does NOT elleviate CPU load, especially not in the long run with games utilizing the increased drawcall "cap". 

Whoever told you that nonsense was ill informed.

No it won't be more independant. DX12 raises the bar for drawcalls due to less overhead in the API and introduces new features and rendering tools, where dx11 is currently at it's peak drawcalls and you see it only scale with IPC. It does NOT elleviate CPU load, especially not in the long run with games utilizing the increased drawcall "cap". 

Whoever told you that nonsense was ill informed.

Could be true, but time will tell.