CPU usage.

Demm

Hi, I am not sure if I am right, but I didnt noticed it before, atleast I didn't look for it. I am using 4690k and i noticed from my Core temp that I am Idling at 31C, but when I open Google Chrome, more specificly a webpage the CPU speed jumps to 3.8GHz and the CPU max temp goes to 43C. Is it normal, I am not sure, just from opening web pages the temperature to get 10C more and to use almost full boost?

Can you check if you notice that in your systems, just to be sure that I am not the only one. Someone with hanswell processors who have Turbo Boost, as the 4690k has.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

Yes, Chrome uses a surprising amount of cycles and I believe stops the CPU from resting (or at least did) even when the cycles were going to waste. When I end up with my 100+ Chrome tabs I'm usually pegged at around 40-50% CPU utilization across all cores.

Sig under construction.

Hi, I am not sure if I am right, but I didnt noticed it before, atleast I didn't look for it. I am using 4690k and i noticed from my Core temp that I am Idling at 31C, but when I open Google Chrome, more specificly a webpage the CPU speed jumps to 3.8GHz and the CPU max temp goes to 43C. Is it normal, I am not sure, just from opening web pages the temperature to get 10C more and to use almost full boost?

Can you check if you notice that in your systems, just to be sure that I am not the only one. Someone with hanswell processors who have Turbo Boost, as the 4690k has.

Very odd. This is mine.

de357c94151cd57434b81a5a28f47323.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Is this yours when Idling? I mean when u open webpage.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

Yes, Chrome uses a surprising amount of cycles and I believe stops the CPU from resting (or at least did) even when the cycles were going to waste. When I end up with my 100+ Chrome tabs I'm usually pegged at around 40-50% CPU utilization across all cores.

WHAT DO YOU USE 100 TABS FOR?!?!?

^^^ CS:GO doesn't even make my cpus turbo boost, but chrome does lol

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

WHAT DO YOU USE 100 TABS FOR?!?!?

I sometimes go up to 160 and then run out of VRAM. I just tend to not close windows, open new ones and forget about them.

Sig under construction.

It uses up my RAM rather than my CPU actually :P

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.