Upgrading from a 7950

gl3nnn

Planning to upgrade from a 7950, what card would you guys recommend? I'm running a 1440p monitor, i plan to use the new card for maybe 1.5 years.

Planning to upgrade from a 7950, what card would you guys recommend? I'm running a 1440p monitor, i plan to use the new card for maybe 1.5 years.

at least gtx 980

A gtx 970 or an r9 390 should be enough for that resolution. 

7950 = R9 280 = slightly below R9 380.

Just for reference. The only good upgrades would be at least an R9 390, 390X, GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 980 Ti or something along those lines.

Just depending on your budget and what CPU you have

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'd say nothing less than the GTX 980 but the Ti would be better if possible. Or wait for Nano.

would 2nd this.

used 980 on ebay or new 980 ti for 1440p IMO. with 980 ti being a lot better for modern AAA titles. 

I'm deciding between the 980Ti and 980. Its about a $150 difference.

The R9 295x2 is around at a good price if you have the power and can deal with the heat. :)

I'm deciding between the 980Ti and 980. Its about a $150 difference.

980Ti is a huge improvement from the 980 - it's not even really based on the same chip.

Sig under construction.