Project Nexus

Comessy

This is project Nexus, which I was forced to build after my Corsair CX600M decided to take it's life along with the most of my previous computer in a catastrophic light show.

Please never buy corsair CX series power supplies unless you are on an extreme budget or have a pathological hatred for your components.

Anyway this was built around mid June but I haven't posted it until now because I was banned.

Specs :

Intel i7 4790k

EVGA GTX 970

8Gb Corsair Vengeance

MSi Z97 PC Mate

Samsung 128Gb 850 Evo

WD Blue 1TB

EVGA 750W G2

Corsair H100i GTX

NZXT H440

Windows 8.1 Pro

BenQ XL2420Z

The whole build took about 3-4 hours to do including installing windows.

Average FPS : GTA 5 (Very High)

Minimum 48 - Average 62

BF4 (Ultra)

Minimum 70 - Average 112

CS:GO (High) [FPS_MAX 500]

Minimum 210 - Average 450

Boots in less than 5 seconds. Time from power off to opening chrome is about 15 seconds

In total the computer costed close to $1300-$1400CAD and $2100-$2200 with peripherals.

144hz master race. 60hz is so 2014. (It's impossible to go back!)

Thanks @thekeemo for helping me find a cheap 4790k

Any questions? Let me know!

I have taken some pictures to document the build process:

qm08vhl.jpg

PmPvIW0.jpgQlFwmYh.jpgI6oXDG3.jpgnrryZr8.jpgQuybeDY.jpgMyqgX9m.jpgSBF7sGf.jpgKc5ecQt.jpggS11uJp.jpg1aZEos3.jpgjP5JjZM.jpg

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

cool

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

You ought to see if corsair will replace any of that shit if the psu was under warranty.

I'm sorry for your previous loss, looks great though, did the old thing get covered by warranty at all?

Called support. They will only replace the power supply and not the components, but I declined because this is the 3rd time a CX series PSU has killed me or a friend's computer

Cool build M8

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

If you dont mind spending a couple bucks on postage and the supply is not under warranty or you cant care to get it replaced, you should mail it to me and I can do a complete electrical autopsy and figure out why the fourth of july got released in the power supply. I would document everything here as well as the EEVBlog fourums. PM me if interested.

Please never buy corsair CX series power supplies unless you are on an extreme budget or have a pathological hatred for your components.

LOOOOL

It pisses me off even more since people have started making high-end builds with that 500W EVGA 80+ PSU, which is even worse then the Corsair CX

"Rawr XD"

If you dont mind spending a couple bucks on postage and the supply is not under warranty or you cant care to get it replaced, you should mail it to me and I can do a complete electrical autopsy and figure out why the fourth of july got released in the power supply. I would document everything here as well as the EEVBlog fourums. PM me if interested.

Threw it out already, it happened at the start of June. I probably should have taken pictures :/ 

LOOOOL

It pisses me off even more since people have started making high-end builds with that 500W EVGA 80+ PSU, which is even worse then the Corsair CX

Is that the non modular one with two 8 pin pcie on one cable? I think my brother has one. Good enough for an HD7950 and an i3 though. Not bothering about warranties, I recapped it before even putting it in the PC with high end caps and added some noise filtering to the input and output as well as modded the fan to run faster as the amd card overpowers the noise from the psu anyway.

Threw it out already, it happened at the start of June. I probably should have taken pictures :/

Well, if ypu have anything else (such as another power supply or gpu ect) I would love to take a look at it. If I got a PSU that killed something, I would autopsy it and then give it the photonicinduction treatment. I have a 10,000v transformer stack waiting to make something asplode.

Is that the non modular one with two 8 pin pcie on one cable? I think my brother has one. Good enough for an HD7950 and an i3 though. Not bothering about warranties, I recapped it before even putting it in the PC with high end caps and added some noise filtering to the input and output as well as modded the fan to run faster as the amd card overpowers the noise from the psu anyway.

box.jpg

"Rawr XD"

box.jpg

Thats the one. I think it was on sale for like 25 bucks or something when he got it. He went to that from a complete bodge unit that originally was rated at 250w. Not sure how it handled an hd7950 and i3... I soldered pcie cables to it's main PCB

NO! U DONT JUST POST A BUILD AND NOT INCLUDE THE CABLE MANAGEMENT! BAD OP! BAD!

It's an H440, you just kinda shove everything into the bottom and force it closed 

It's an H440, you just kinda shove everything into the bottom and force it closed 

lol srry ok np. :) its because i want to do a similar project and i want to gather as many cable management tips on this specific case for a build for my friend

I did not license or endorse this build.

You will be hearing from my lawyer sir.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I did not license or endorse this build.

You will be hearing from my lawyer sir.

You also did not spell Nexus right

You will be hearing from my Language arts teacher

You also did not spell Nexus right

You will be hearing from my Language arts teacher

Its spelt the way it is for reasons

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

This is offensive but not meant offensively so don't take it offensively.

You're build has a very unique and original name.

let the mindfucks commence.

• 3 weeks later...

Its spelt the way it is for reasons

the word nexus exists but not nexxus

the word nexus exists but not nexxus

Thank you for informing me of something I was well aware of.

System Specs