What should I get?

Hello I recently upgraded my pc to the gtx 970, and now I need to upgrade my cpu. I was wondering what you guys recommend what to get. I have the cx850m psu, gtx 970 4gb, 8 ram, msi 970a-g43, amd fx4300. Ik my cpu is very weak thats why I want to upgrade it and I was wondering what do you guys recommend I do? Also before you recommend something make sure its compatible with the MOBO I have. I was thinking about getting the fx 8350 or should I get the 9590 with water cooling or will that not work on my board?

Hello I recently upgraded my pc to the gtx 970, and now I need to upgrade my cpu. I was wondering what you guys recommend what to get. I have the cx850m psu, gtx 970 4gb, 8 ram, msi 970a-g43, amd fx4300. Ik my cpu is very weak thats why I want to upgrade it and I was wondering what do you guys recommend I do? Also before you recommend something make sure its compatible with the MOBO I have. I was thinking about getting the fx 8350 or should I get the 9590 with water cooling or will that not work on my board?

save more as most games cant use more than the 4 cores you already have so you would be better off saving some more to get an i5

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Or not please?

Why not go Intel, to the i5 4460 for example? That actually wouldn't bottleneck the GTX 970

And please dont go FX 9590

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Any AMD cpu will bottleneck a 970.

You're most likely going to have to switch to intel if you want to be able to fully utilize your GPU power.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

That depends on the application.  Remember DX11 doesn't really utilize AMD processors that well.  If you get one your best bet is to just OC it to get more out of it.  On stock they just suck.  <.<

Overclocking doesn't really change the fact that they'll bottleneck a 970.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

That depends on the application.  Remember DX11 doesn't really utilize AMD processors that well.  If you get one your best bet is to just OC it to get more out of it.  On stock they just suck.  <.<

I am getting windows 10 and directx12 so won't that use all my cpu cores so wouldn't amd be fine?

If just gaming yes the 9xxx is a waste.  But, if you have OC interest or they are on sale then they are worth it.

No they really aren't lol.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

save more as most games cant use more than the 4 cores you already have so you would be better off saving some more to get an i5

Hey what about directx12 when it comes out wont amd be fine then because it uses all cores?

your motherboard is a no go for fx 83xx.weak and naked VRM so most of the time the cpu will throttle. get the i5 4460 + h81/b85/h97 cheap mobo

I am getting windows 10 and directx12 so won't that use all my cpu cores so wouldn't amd be fine?

That depends....and you still have to wait for games that untilize it. Don't be expecting higher performance in games because they aren't codded for directx12. For example none of the previous games are going to be changed to use directx12 they will still be using directx10 and such.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Even though still a bottleneck on an API that doesn't really attempt to utilize...the OC can still get more use than a stock setting. 

Or he could just buy an intel chip and not have to bother and get no bottlenecking.

Fact of the matter is that AMD CPUs are becoming irrelevant. 

That depends....and you still have to wait for games that untilize it. Don't be expecting higher performance in games because they aren't codded for directx12

ok so what I5 should I get then that can work with my mobo?

I5 or i7 in my opinion.

If the sale puts a 9370 less than an 8320 then why not if you have a board that supports it?  As for OC that depends.  If you are one of those guys linking super liquid nitrogen coolers for a record than mabye since the 8320 is factory set to 4.4 when dubbed a 9370, so there is possibility for a higher clock.  I wouldn't suggest it if gaming and the 8xxx varient is cheaper. 

SO WHAT CPU SHOULD I GET THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH MY MOTHERBOARD IM FINE GETTING INTEL BUT WHICH ONE xD. I am sorry it is just annoying posting a thread asking for help then every one starts arguing with each other instead of helping me this happened to me another time please what amd cpu would you recommend and what intel cpu would you recommend that is compatible I dont want a new mobo

If the sale puts a 9370 less than an 8320 then why not if you have a board that supports it?  As for OC that depends.  If you are one of those guys linking super liquid nitrogen coolers for a record than mabye since the 8320 is factory set to 4.4 when dubbed a 9370, so there is possibility for a higher clock.  I wouldn't suggest it if gaming and the 8xxx varient is cheaper. 

I still wouldn't purchase it. The 9XXX series have bloody 220WATTS. YOU NEED A VERY EXPENSIVE BOARD to handle that bad boy. You need at least 8+2 VRM

phasing.

SO WHAT CPU SHOULD I GET THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH MY MOTHERBOARD IM FINE GETTING INTEL BUT WHICH ONE xD. I am sorry it is just annoying posting a thread asking for help then every one starts arguing with each other instead of helping me this happened to me another time please what amd cpu would you recommend and what intel cpu would you recommend that is compatible I dont want a new mobo

It doesn't work like that. You can't use an Intel CPU with a AMD motherboard. Either way your screwed. I would just get one of the 8XXX E series.

he clearly doesnt have a mobo for it if he puts fx 9xxx on that mobo that thing would melt. and OC doesnt help a bit. i3 vs fx 8 core @ 4.6ghz http://www.techspot.com/review/943-best-value-desktop-cpu/page6.html

It doesn't work like that. You can't use an Intel CPU with a AMD motherboard. Either way your screwed. I would just get one of the 8XXX E series.

ok thanks you I am fine with amd. can I get the 9590? or is that not compatible 

No I would't even recommend getting that 9590.. just get a this one... no matter what the single core performance of all the series are garbage. 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newegg.com%2FProduct%2FProduct.aspx%3FItem%3DN82E16819113376&ei=CGGYVYu5FpfhoASPyYqQCg&usg=AFQjCNHwK9kxn5HvIKTgBep0WQXMSWosuA&sig2=KIhI3EsiasVoJEa6QHN-Nw&bvm=bv.96952980,d.cGU

The 8320 E is more than enough and cheap and low power usage

I wasnt comparing the i3 I was talking about their budget.  I'm talking about if they OC their stock vs an OC not a stock i3 vs an FX since they'd need a new mobo to support it.  If they can afford the i3 then I'd go with that for gaming.  As for 970 chipsets..some actually can support 9370s not 9590s though.  I know from experience that http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ3DWFK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage that one like this can support it.  I can't confirm the MSI could or not though.

Would I be fine if I get an amd fx 8350. I have done some research and it seems like a nice cpu or do I really need to get a whole new mother board and a cpu ,_,

9590 will not work on 970 boards you need a 990 or 990FX to support it.  Only certain 970 chipset boards can support the 9370, but I don't think yours is one of those I only know of a Gigabyte board that does though I've heard there are others.  Your board cannot support more than an 8350 I believe.  The 9590 is just a factory OCed 8350 anyways.

so would an 8350 be fine for gaming and not bottlekneck my pc?

no you can't. your motherboard VRM are naked and its only 4 phase.it would fry. the max you can use is the fx 6300 stock

That depends on his budget.  Seeing as he'd have to get a new board too.  He's on an AM3+ socket not an 1150 or whatever.  If he has the money he could go i3+a mini itx for under 200 yes.  If just gaming that's what I'd do if he's on a budget that can afford that.

Actually, in the long run, it would be cheaper for him to buy something like an i5-4460 or i5-4690 or w/e then to buy an fx-8350.