Need help with powerline

Ethre

So, our router is in a box that is inside a wall. I wanted to upgrade my wifi card but i learned about powerline. The problem is that there is only one socket in the box, so plugging the router and the powerline was impossible. But then i found tp link passthrough powerline adapters. Now that looks like exactly what i need. However before getting that i wanted to ask if the powerline adapter would serve enough power and if my router would be running at ths normal speed. Any help will be appreciated.

Hello again ;) ,

The adapter uses a very small amount of power, reducing the power available through the socket, but most routers are very low-power devices, so having a slightly lower amount of power available through the passthrough socket (about 2-3 watts less) will not matter in the slightest. In fact, all of my network switches and routers are connected through the passthrough socket, and they all function perfectly. Power is therefore nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps you  :D

The passthrough power adaptors, AFAIK, are wired so that the device plugged into the passthrough outlet is in parallel to the powerline adaptor. Eah one will have a maximum power draw, but it should be more than enough for the router. I have a UPS with a server, router, and switch, all going through the single passthrough port of my powerline adaptor - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EPGHHSS

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

The passthrough power adaptors, AFAIK, are wired so that the device plugged into the passthrough outlet is in parallel to the powerline adaptor. Eah one will have a maximum power draw, but it should be more than enough for the router. I have a UPS with a server, router, and switch, all going through the single passthrough port of my powerline adaptor - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EPGHHSS

Yeah but my routers plug has this big block. So i shouldnt worry about that anyways?

Yeah but my routers plug has this big block. So i shouldnt worry about that anyways?

Nope, all this is is a AC-DC adapter, converting the roughly 240V AC input into a lower voltage DC input. The circuitry inside is a miniature version of the circuitry in a PC's power supply. The rule of thumb is that if it plugs into a typical wall outlet, then it will work in the passthrough.

One more question. How can I be sure that powerlike is going to work? I live in a flat. Is there any special requirements needed or any house that has internet is going to work?

The only requirement is that the two outlets you use have to be on the same phase - houses in the US use two phases, houses in other places use two or three (some US house have three phase electric but you would know it if you did). The easy way is to try a few outlets and see which pairs work and which don't. The harder but better way is to learn how a breaker box is set up, then look at yours and figure out which of your rooms are on the same phase and which rooms aren't. For example, in my house, the Master bedroom and the Garage are on opposite phases. I had an electrician install a second garage circuit onto the same phase as the Master bedroom.

how about taking a picture of this?

no one ever puts a router inside the wall

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

You'd be surprised. Media panels, recessed boxes inside a wall, are common in newly built condos and apartment complexes. My company does apartment complex wide wireless, and a lot of our wireless APs are inside such boxes.