Don't know how to use or broken?

I bought a vintage Tokina 70-210mm F3.5 lens few weeks back. It was great for the money (~30eur) but now the aperture doesn't work right, while disconnected from the body (D3300) it works fine, though I first need to move the aperture lever. When I put it on the body aperture either moves from like 3.5 to 5.6 or is stuck at single aperture (not always the same). I didn't try to disassemble it, didn't drop it, it just stopped working right after I put it on the body. I used this lens for at least a few weeks and it worked fine. Do I have to do something with the aperture lever (I tried putting it in different positions before mounting)? I tried my kit 18-55mm on body and it worked fine so I don't think it's my body (though these are VERY different lenses). I can provide pictures/video if needed (with my crappy phone). Thanks for any help! :)

Lenovo Y50 (i7-4710HQ, 1TB SSHD, 16GB RAM, 860m 4GB), Nikon D3300 (lenses: 18-55mm kit, Tokina 70-210mm vintage)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :/

The first thing I can suggest is to check that the lens is correctly oriented on the body. Usually there will be a red dot on the lens and the body that has to be aligned.

On my old lenses, the aperture lever would open the aperture completely when looking through the viewfinder, then when taking the picture the lever would be released by the camera and the aperture would move to the amount indicated by a ring near the end of the lens. It might be that you need to adjust that ring to the aperture you want. 

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

The first thing I can suggest is to check that the lens is correctly oriented on the body. Usually there will be a red dot on the lens and the body that has to be aligned.

On my old lenses, the aperture lever would open the aperture completely when looking through the viewfinder, then when taking the picture the lever would be released by the camera and the aperture would move to the amount indicated by a ring near the end of the lens. It might be that you need to adjust that ring to the aperture you want. 

It mounts just fine, I know that the aperture doesn't adjust when using viewfinder.

I'm 100% that the aperture isn't working as it should, because 3.5 - 5.6 apertures work just as before but all the other aperture settings don't work, it just stays the same as previous. I think it's something went wrong with the lever. I don't think there are any settings in camera for aperture or aperture lever.

I'll try to post a video of how the back of the lens and aperture works/looks maybe I'm describing it badly :/

Thanks for your help though :) 

Lenovo Y50 (i7-4710HQ, 1TB SSHD, 16GB RAM, 860m 4GB), Nikon D3300 (lenses: 18-55mm kit, Tokina 70-210mm vintage)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :/

what body are you using?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Sounds like an internal lever issue with the lens. Definitely wouldn't be an issue with the body since that lens is a non pin model from my recollection. That model is the f/3.5 constant right? Does it say constant through the zoom? What happens when you change the diaphragm off body and put it on? 

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless