Should I stay on Ivy Bridge, or upgrade to Haswell?

if you wait then kaby lake coming next year will be like haswell refresh so same socket and chipset besides smaller nanometer processer and thats about it besides maybe higher ocing potential...

Why would Skylake be better than Haswell of Ivy Bridge though? I might not even overclock my CPU if I don't get a 'K' version CPU.

Why would Skylake be better than Haswell of Ivy Bridge though? I might not even overclock my CPU if I don't get a 'K' version CPU.

skylake is newer period

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

skylake is newer period

skylake is newer period

But I don't exactly want to wait a long time to get a new MOBO, new CPU and have to go through all that hassle (not to mention higher prices), simply because 'it's newer'.

Cheers!

DUDE. Quit posting that link. I already answered your question.

I'm only trying to get others' opinions on it too so that I can make up my mind. I want to know 100% that it's a good PSU. Also, what do you think, after I upgrade my PSU, should I get the 3570, and stay with my current MOBO, or upgrade to Haswell, and get the 4690, or upgrade to Haswell and get the 4690k?

Cheers!

What would happen if I stayed with this one?

Cheers!

As I said, it could potentially destroy your system. Crappy PSU's have been known to fry other components.

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

But I don't exactly want to wait a long time to get a new MOBO, new CPU and have to go through all that hassle (not to mention higher prices), simply because 'it's newer'.

Cheers!

you are fine right now so you shouldnt buy anything unless upgrading to i5 or i7 and then i would wait for skylake

you are fine right now so you shouldnt buy anything unless upgrading to i5 or i7 and then i would wait for skylake

Okay, but once again, that raises the question: 'why?' Why should I wait for Skylake. What advantages does it have which Haswell and Ivy Bridge don't? And 'It's new' isn't really a valid answer.

Cheers!

As I said, it could potentially destroy your system. Crappy PSU's have been known to fry other components.

Okay, and what are your views on the CPUs I listed? What would you do? Stay on Ivy Bridge and go for the 3570, upgrade to Haswell and get the 4690, or upgrade to Haswell and get the 4690k?

Cheers!

Okay, and what are your views on the CPUs I listed? What would you do? Stay on Ivy Bridge and go for the 3570, upgrade to Haswell and get the 4690, or upgrade to Haswell and get the 4690k?

Cheers!

Well, broadwell is coming out real soon so i'd maybe take that into consideration.

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

Cheers!

I wouldn't say with your config that you neccessarily need to move to Haswell, what you have should be more than enough for what you need it to do. If you do move up to Haswell, you should decide whether you want to overclock down the road or not, as overclocking hardware will make up quite a large chunk of your budget. Decide now, not later, because deciding later will only be all the more expensive.

Okay, but once again, that raises the question: 'why?' Why should I wait for Skylake. What advantages does it have which Haswell and Ivy Bridge don't? And 'It's new' isn't really a valid answer.

Cheers!

like i said why buy on a dying socket and chipset???

Cheers!

Newer arcitecture. (I dont know if skylake will be based on a smaller manufacturing process like 14nm). Its basicly small improvements in performance from sandy bridge to haswell. I'd just stay with your cpu its still very good. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

What would happen if I stayed with this one?

Cheers!

forget ivy bridge, skylake, and haswell.

WHO MADE YOU BUY THAT POWER SUPPLY

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

forget ivy bridge, skylake, and haswell.

WHO MADE YOU BUY THAT POWER SUPPLY

Yeah, I'm probably gonna change it soon. Other than that, what CPU which I listed would you go for?

Cheers!

Yeah, I'm probably gonna change it soon. Other than that, what CPU which I listed would you go for?

Cheers!

I think you should just go for an i5 4460. You are spending more money on the CPU than you need to.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I think you should just go for an i5 4460. You are spending more money on the CPU than you need to.

But then I would have to buy a new MOBO too, which would equate to even more money spent. Why should I not go for the i5 3570?

Cheers!

Replace the power supply as others have said, and instead of upgrading to Haswell I wold try to find an ivy bridge i5 instead.   

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Are you kidding me? You actually believe Amazon reviews? Most of the people who buy these PSUs are stupid anyways. Don't be a dumbass and just buy what we suggest.

I posted the 1 star reviews, complete with all of the problems found   ;)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL