How is using a 40 inch monitor?

I'm thinking about replacing my 2 16:10 24 inch monitors with 1 40 inch 4k monitor, this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMH-A399U-UHD-39-5-3840X2160-16-9-4K-LED-Monitor-60Hz-DP1-2-HDMI2-0-/321724749333.  One of my concerns though is how is the experience of using a monitor as big as this?  I don't have a ton of room on my desk and dont want to be craning my neck everywhere to look at the thing.  It seems like I won't have to use any dpi scaling with this size so that's good.  What are your thought?

Depends on what you need to do.

For programming and streaming it's better to have 2 or 3 separate monitors, but for photo, video editing, some pc games - one large display.

Depends on what you need to do.

For programming and streaming it's better to have 2 or 3 separate monitors, but for photo, video editing, some pc games - one large display.

I will be programming on it.  Also playing video games and videos and stuff.  Honestly I'll probably spend most of my programming on my macbook though because it's easier to program in C there.

This particular one is a flickering TN screen. Teksyndicate did a massive disservice to everyone by recommending this one.

Philips BDM4065UC is a 40" VA with a 3000:1 contrast, as opposed to 1000:1 which every non-VA LCD has. And has a mode that turns off PWM backlight flickering entirely.

Ye, its a couple hundred more expensive, but i assumed if youre buying this caliber of screen you are not gona change it after a year.