Recomendations for New laptop

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster.

Long story short im starting uni soon and i need a laptop, I have very little experience and every portable devise i have purchased has let me down in one way or another so i though i could get some help here. I need to know in advance how much i need to save for it but the key thing is price.
So that rules out anything over a $1000 au. 

Main things i am looking for are "in order of importance":

VERY good battery life. (My time tables are from like 7-7 so it needs to last without turning down brightness, yes i can charge but if i dont need to i dont want to)
CPU and RAM that wont make me want to kill myself every time i do anything.
Key bored that wont make me want to kill myself every time i do anything.

Less important:
Slim form factor (actually is kinda important but i can live without)
Camera and Mic (Never have credit, skype/facebook is my mobile)
If it has an external power pack (which most do) one that isnt massive, or heavy

Things i dont need at all:
Retina Display (although it would be awesome)
WiFi built in (as long as it doesnt add to the price its fine)
Large storage
SSD's
USB3
Dedicated GPU (the integrated is gonna need to be enough to do some VERY light 3D rendering though)
Cooling (I dont want it to over heat though)

OS (couldnt give a f*ck but my desktop is windows and i dont have any transfer cables or usbs or what ever the hell mac uses)
Optical drives (who needs em')

Side note why are retailers so testy when you ask what model of i7 is in there laptops or battery life?

From what ive seen im looking for basically a mac, unfortunately as i stated i dont have much experience with laptops especially macs and they come with a price tag that im not wanting to pay for the hardware i get. Unless there is some model thats cheap or i should lookout for second hand. Again battery life is pretty important. 

Thanks in advance guys

This actually looks really good man thanks. I recon i might still be able to find something for cheaper though since it has an optical drive and dedicated graphics. The internal hard drive is actually more then i need but im thinking thats just because its been 10 years since i last bought a laptop last one i had used 128 mbs of ddr2. Do any laptops have there mAh shown or do batteries just have a universal standard i dont know about?

i have a laptop in front of me (It is old) that has a 4600mAh battery another laptop has a 5200mAh battery

I meant that laptop manufactures dont really ever tell customers how long there batteries last for, which is especially funny because its plastered all over smart phones :P

Is this what you want?

- hdd 750gb?

- dedicated graphics

- ssd

- long battery

- higher resolution display 768p>

- i7 or equivalent cpu

- 6-8gbs ram

I don't think laptops tend to say much on battery.

Is this what you want?

- hdd 750gb?

- dedicated graphics

- ssd

- long battery

- higher resolution display 768p>

- i7 or equivalent cpu

- 6-8gbs ram

I don't think laptops tend to say much on battery.

Nah man integrated graphics, no SSD, i5/7 cpu or amd equivalent, 6+ gigs of ram min

Thats why i put them in the things i dont need catagory so people dont recommend laptops with "bells and whistles" 

Also just because i can spend a grand doesnt mean i want to.

Nah man integrated graphics, no SSD, i5/7 cpu or amd equivalent, 6+ gigs of ram min

Thats why i put them in the things i dont need catagory so people dont recommend laptops with "bells and whistles" 

Also just because i can spend a grand doesnt mean i want to.

Any preferred store Officeworks JB, Dick Smith, Good Guys, Harvey Norman ect...? 

Any preferred store Officeworks JB, Dick Smith, Good Guys, Harvey Norman ect...? 

No not really what ever is cheaper. Ive got officeworks, jb, dicksmith, harvey norman and the good guys all in my city though and the price is also negotiable in all of these places anyway. Im more looking for a baseline laptop with the best price to performance heavily keeping in mind battery life. If there is something that is passable for like $300 then i'd take that but most for anything excusable are minimum $600 and when you are dealing with such cheap pc's its easy to get scammed on one way or another. Hence why im on the forums :)

Toshiba Satellite L50-B032 - $718.20

- i5 @ 1.6GHz (2.6GHz  turbo) dual core (i think it has hyper-threading)

- 750 GB hdd

- 2x USB 3.0

- 768p (HD) display

- 8 GB Ram

- 15" display

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/694968/

Thanks for the help im gonna take this one under consideration but im gonna wait till the next police auction and see if i can get a 2015 macbook for pennies. I could justify the cost new if i yanked out the ssd and used it as a boot for my desktop and apparently they have 12-14 hour battery lives. Hopefully there is gonna be some 5th gen cheap laptops coming out soon. It seems like everything is a rip off when it comes to laptops but i guess i cant really expect a lot for the prices im looking for. Thanks again.

Ima leave this thread open though in case there are some more people that might be able to help out.