OC on MSI z97s SLI Krait edition

Hi everyone,

I bought a Msi z97 motherboard (the krait edition) and a pentium G3258 (which I will use temporarily until I have money to buy a better CPU) and I wanted to overclock the cpu. The OC genie can get the cpu to 4.3 GHz, but I prefer to do it myself. For some reason when I enter the BIOS I can't adjust the multiplier and baseclock. Does anyone know if I have missed something? Do I need to enable something somewhere?

Thanks

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

You need to disable OC Genie to overclock manually.

I tried that, but I still can't adjust it. I was able to adjust it with the msi control center, but only when oc genie was enabled. Unfortunately the control center had decided not to work anymore, so now I can choose between stock or oc genie only :(.

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Hi everyone,

I bought a Msi z97 motherboard (the krait edition) and a pentium G3258 (which I will use temporarily until I have money to buy a better CPU) and I wanted to overclock the cpu. The OC genie can get the cpu to 4.3 GHz, but I prefer to do it myself. For some reason when I enter the BIOS I can't adjust the multiplier and baseclock. Does anyone know if I have missed something? Do I need to enable something somewhere?

Thanks

You have to type the number that you want, it doesnt use on-screen arrows nor does it respond to keyboard arrows.

just type over the current clock speed to the one you want.

Im not at home at the moment to give you confirmation, but i do have that motheboard and it is manually OCed by me.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

You have to type the number that you want, it doesnt use on-screen arrows nor does it respond to keyboard arrows.

just type over the current clock speed to the one you want.

Im not at home at the moment to give you confirmation, but i do have that motheboard and it is manually OCed by me.

Thanks! I found out that if you want to do it manually, you can either use typing the clock speed like you said, or using the +/- keys, The reason the +/- keys didn't work from the start was because you need to hold the shift key down when pressing + (not when pressing - though, very strange). Got it stable at 4.5 GHz :D

My System:

Spoiler