What would it take for you to buy a prebuilt in the vein of a Steam Machine?

WyzeGye

I'm just curious what 3 things a Steam Machine-esque PC would require in order for you to buy it?

For me it's

1. Decent Price

2. Small form factor (xbox 360 or smaller)

3. Out of the box support for all current gen controllers (Steam Controller, XBO, PS4, Wii U)

Tired of hearing people say you can't install OS X on AMD hardware. Educate yourself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138853-just-got-myself-into-a-fully-working-hackintosh-amd-no-less/

I'm just curious what 3 things a Steam Machine-esque PC would require in order for you to buy it?

For me it's

1. Decent Price

3. Out of the box support for all current gen controllers (Steam Controller, XBO, PS4, Wii U)

for me it would be

1. Good price (we can all agree on that)

2. Matx or smaller form factor

3. enough power to be equal with/better than next gen consoles

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

while for gaming

Same for you 

For company stuff

1. Support

2. Quantity
3. Price 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

A unique case. Like the ibuypower sbx. Just not with what they are charging for the shitty components. 

It would seem it has become a lot cheaper since the last time I looked. I am now okay with the price. 

• Nice looking design
  • Competitive price. (Pretty much means can't be designed or built by alienware.)
  • Competitive performance (No less than a modern i3 & 270/760 or better)
  • Support for ALL console gamepads, not the touch pad bullshit (Xbox 360/1, Ps3/4) I'm fine with there being a wireless antennae add-on for wireless controllers being like 60$
  • Quiet
  • Cool running

If it doesn't have all of those then there is no reason to get it for me. I see no point in it, as my htpc already does all those things save supporting gamepads. However, there are programs that I can use for that, and just buying 3rd party wireless antennae.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

It would simply have to be discounted beyond what I would pay for a DIY with parts I would be interested in, that's about the only thing that would peak my interest (basically a discount code for parts).

Price. If I can build a better desktop pc for the price why would I buy one. Albeit in a larger form factor. I simply don't have a need for something that saves space. I really don't think the steam machine has any value to people who build there own machines. Unless you just have extra money to spend on something just to have it. Which I know there is a lot of cause I know a few people already wanting to buy one. 

Quality

Price

Performance

:D

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

For me it's

1. Decent Price

1. Decent price

2. Maybe roughly around a PS3 slim or Super Slim.

3. Support to PS3,360,XBONE,PS4 ( ewwww Wii U)

4. Optical Drive

5. Upgradeable to some extent ( RAM, CPU, SDD/HDD)

6. Enough space to add more storage or swap out a GPU

7. Ability to install windows

8. Wi-fi and LAN support.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT