Android One ver 2.0 described as an "affordable Nexus,"

jos
Launching in India. Google is spending $10 million to $15 million to market the device. The phone will be positioned as an "affordable Nexus," receiving software updates often. Google is also making sure that the new phone will be available in physical stores (Major market in India) in addition to online stores. The original Android One was hard to find in brick and mortar locations, and was mostly purchased online. Lava International, is producing the model which will be priced at the equivalent of $189 USD. Specs include Mediatek Octocore processor, 2Gb RAM and 5" Screen.

Android One ver 1.0, made by companies like Karbonn, Micromax and Spice, were priced at the equivalent of $99 USD. Another change with the new version of Android One is that Lava has a huge say over the hardware and software related to the phone. Google's original Indian partners for Android One merely re-branded phones they received from China.

I feel diminishing needs in higher end phones with current applications in store.

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/googles-new-android-one-smartphone-launches-on-july-14-for-rs-12000/articleshow/47919306.cms

low end phones are much closer to to medium performance then they once were I agree

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I feel like people are willing to spend more on their phones than a few years earlier. I don't think this kind of phone would sell in North America/Europe.

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

I feel like people are willing to spend more on their phones than a few years earlier. I don't think this kind of phone would sell in North America/Europe.

The reason is we take phones on contract and we feel that we are paying our bills.. we are getting free calls, messaging and unlimited internet (3 UK). it will cost around 45GBP  without any upfront cost. but for many places there is no contract and shelling 45 pounds per month will be too much to afford if a plan exists

I think the Android One is a great phone and it will be successful in developing countries.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They should've called it Android Two.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

They should've called it Android Two.

Android One (F2) just to mess with HTC xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Why do they even put the octa-core versions of those MediaTek chips in there when they can save production costs and get the same everyday usage (single-threaded) performance with the quad-core versions... 

Probably cause people who buy these will think 8 cores is going to provide them with a phone that feels twice as fast as one with 4...

"Rawr XD"

Why do they even put the octa-core versions of those MediaTek chips in there when they can save production costs and get the same everyday usage (single-threaded) performance with the quad-core versions...

Probably cause people who buy these will think 8 cores is going to provide them with a phone that feels twice as fast as one with 4...

In fairness background phone apps can use the threading and the cores aren't that weak

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory