Hey guys is Xbox One a good console?

I am getting an Xbox One here soon and I was wondering what you guys thought about the console. Does is get Hot? Is it loud? I know the PS4 has some better specs but I am willing to overlook them for the overall longevity of the console. My Xbox 360 slim lasted me about 6 years and I am looking for even greater performance from this new generation console. Thank you to all who reply!!! 

Youre asking the wrong question on the wrong forum.

Youve now turned into the bloody fish in a shark pool.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Youre asking the wrong question on the wrong forum.

Youve now turned into the bloody fish in a shark pool.

Isn't this called console gaming?

Isn't this called console gaming?

Yes, but youre asking a forum of die hard PC gamers if a console is a good buy.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

no its not a good console, and neither is the PS4

they're both underpowered (for a console)

the xbone OS is laggy, and doesn't switch back and forth very efficiently. Party chat can be a pain.

with that said, the next update to the OS, is supposed to fix all the problems

Well I have an XBOne it's alright I don't notice anything like fans or that most of the noise is the disc spinning most of the time.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

If you like exclusives go ahead, or if your friends have it also.

If your just after games that are for all consoles i would get the ps4, unless you hate the controller and that i can understand.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I am getting an Xbox One here soon and I was wondering what you guys thought about the console. Does is get Hot? Is it loud? I know the PS4 has some better specs but I am willing to overlook them for the overall longevity of the console. My Xbox 360 slim lasted me about 6 years and I am looking for even greater performance from this new generation console. Thank you to all who reply!!! 

No console is a good console. (At least newer consoles, the NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2 were all pretty nice)

(The Wii U is alright tho)

I'd recommend going with a PC instead of an xbone.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Yes, but youre asking a forum of die hard PC gamers if a console is a good buy.

I have a gaming pc already and I understand that this is a site for pc gamers but I have had a lot of helpful replies from ppl on this site and when I saw console gaming I just asked a question about a console. That's all.....

I have a gaming pc already and I understand that this is a site for pc gamers but I have had a lot of helpful replies from ppl on this site and when I saw console gaming I just asked a question about a console. That's all.....

Well I can help (legit no troll)

Ask yourself a few questions to help determine the answer here -

1. Do you have a lot of friends that play on console?

2. Do you see any console exclusives that interest you?

3. Are you ok with the cons of consoles?

Most of us hate consoles because PC's are better hands down.

We like our 4k gaming and our triple monitor setups, not our "hi-tech" set-top boxes/dvd player combos.

Well I can help (legit no troll)

Ask yourself a few questions to help determine the answer here -

1. Do you have a lot of friends that play on console?

2. Do you see any console exclusives that interest you?

3. Are you ok with the cons of consoles?

Yes I do have friends that play Xbox One and I have Destiny progress from Xbox 360 so another reason is the fact that I can continue my progress on Xbox One. And the cons I am completely aware of. PC is master race and thank you for the helpful info. 

Yes I do have friends that play Xbox One and I have Destiny progress from Xbox 360 so another reason is the fact that I can continue my progress on Xbox One. And the cons I am completely aware of. PC is master race and thank you for the helpful info. 

Id get it for the sole purpose of playing with my m8s.

Sure PC is good, but if youve got no friends to play with then what fun are you really having? :P

On a forum based around PC Gaming, your definately asking in the wrong place. But to be nice, I personally think the X1 is an amazing console. It's kept me very busy while not having access to my PC for whatever reason, which happens every now and then. The PS4 may have better specs, but to be honest, what's the point of having better specs when developers hardly take advantage of it? Or if there aren't any exclusive games your'e not going to be able to play on X1 and PC? Personally, I think an X1 is a good investment, especially if you are a fan of Halo or you are thinking of getting into the Fallout series, starting at the 4th installment coming this November. A majority of problems I originally had with the X1 when I first bought it in November 2014 were already fixed due to monthly updates, so it's okay to have a little faith in Microsoft. Aside from that, I personally prefer PC but the X1 is a good place to start Next Generation gaming.

Hope this makes it easier to determine whether you want to buy it or not.

"Weeaboo to the Rescue!" -me

Most of us hate consoles because PC's are better hands down.

We like our 4k gaming and our triple monitor setups, not our "hi-tech" set-top boxes/dvd player combos.

Dude I completely agree. The only reason I am picking up an Xbox One is to play destiny with some old friends. I played with them on 360 but it red ringed on me months ago. I love my PC and the ability to replace for more powerful parts its awesome. 

On a forum based around PC Gaming, your definately asking in the wrong place. But to be nice, I personally think the X1 is an amazing console. It's kept me very busy while not having access to my PC for whatever reason, which happens every now and then. The PS4 may have better specs, but to be honest, what's the point of having better specs when developers hardly take advantage of it? Or if there aren't any exclusive games your'e not going to be able to play on X1 and PC? Personally, I think an X1 is a good investment, especially if you are a fan of Halo or you are thinking of getting into the Fallout series, starting at the 4th installment coming this November. A majority of problems I originally had with the X1 when I first bought it in November 2014 were already fixed due to monthly updates, so it's okay to have a little faith in Microsoft. Aside from that, I personally prefer PC but the X1 is a good place to start Next Generation gaming.

Hope this makes it easier to determine whether you want to buy it or not.

Thank you so much for your reply!!! That is really good info!

Thank you all for the info! It really helps my decision.

Dude I completely agree. The only reason I am picking up an Xbox One is to play destiny with some old friends. I played with them on 360 but it red ringed on me months ago. I love my PC and the ability to replace for more powerful parts its awesome. 

I don't think Xbox One is backwards compatible. 

I don't think Xbox One is backwards compatible. 

Since my 360 Red Ringed months ago my friends upgraded to the Xbox One. 

Since my 360 Red Ringed months ago my friends upgraded to the Xbox One. 

Ok then get an xbox one then.

I just recently got the xbox one about 2 weeks ago, came in handy when i couldn't even play arkham knight. Also found it great in terms of media watching over the 360.

The controller doesn't hurt either.

Well, yeah the Xbox One has some great exclusives (better then PS4) but you should never buy a console as a main gaming platform.

I think the best thing about the Xbox One is that you are able to play old 360 games, like Red Dead Redemption.

But then in the end, you could spend 50$ to get a 360 instead of 350$ for a potatobox one.

But do us a favour and don't buy multiplatforms on consoles  :D

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

If you like Halo, then yea it's an awesome console. I haven't regretted buying it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.