Anti-Virus on android?

mapexlegend

Hi, I have a new HTC One and just wanna know so I need an anti-virus app like Avast?

Bitdefender 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Why would u need it xD

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

you don't need it because there is a thing that Google done 2 years ago and no one knows every time you install/download something Google automatically checks it for a virus so your fine and phone viruses are rare

Unless you are downloading apps that are not from the play store then no you do not need a anti virus.

And even if you are downloading them off the web and not from the play store just do some research in to the subject i download a lot of apps that are not off the play store and iv never had a problem.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

avast and proper usage

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

Unless you are downloading apps that are not from the play store then no you do not need a anti virus.

And even if you are downloading them off the web and not from the play store just do some research in to the subject i download a lot of apps that are not off the play store and iv never had a problem.

This. That said, Avast has a built in theft recovery thing that's nice.

I personally prefer Cerberus though.

I need more SSDs.

I don't use one (nor do I plan to) on my HTC One. 

Just exclusively download stuff from the play store 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Lookout, not only an antivirus but you can use it to find your device, make is scream, lock it, wipe it, all sort of cool shit 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

This. That said, Avast has a built in theft recovery thing that's nice.

I personally prefer Cerberus though.

The anti-theft stuff is nice but i really hate stuff running in the background on my phone. The Nexus 4 has horrible battery life which is another reason im not a fan of anti viruses on phones.

The anti theft thing would be nice if google could build that in to android in some way im sure it would not be that hard to do for them.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....