First build, need help because I got to order ASAP!

Go to solution Solved by brob,

Quick update, going to order it tonight! Feel free to talk and throw bad words at it! Thanks

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($95.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($649.99 @ Amazon) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill N900PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($27.90 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1379.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-05 14:22 EDT-0400

For those who came all up to here:

what is the f** dif beetween those

vs    

Looks decent.

The 120-G1-0650-XR is built by FSP the 220-GS-0650-V1 is built by Seasonic.

The GS has hybrid fan mode. The fan can be always on or the unit can run fanless until the draw/temp require active cooling, user switchable.

Hey guys, posted here in a while and made up my mind with some parts. The thing is I need to decide SSD, PSU and RAM ASAP because my friend is bringing me from the USA. Also if you guys have any comments from those sellers would be highly appreciated! The rest I'd bring alo from USA but not in a extreme rush! Thanks a bunch!

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($95.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.75 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($657.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1364.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-03 19:27 EDT-0400

I'd get 750w evga g2, the cx series isn't that great. Also any samsung evo ssd is perfect!

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Looks good, but you may want a cooler.  something like the Cryorig H5 will keep that i7 very cool.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $1352.21

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-03 19:32 EDT-0400

Matching RAM

Newer SSD

More reliable HDD

Better GPU with an aftermarket cooler

Better PSU

You are missing a CPU cooler for overclocking. (If you aren't overclocking it makes no sense to pick up the 4790k)

You are also missing a case.

Yh id ditch the CX PSU and get either a seasonic PSU or an EVGA PSU other than that it looks great

Memory is fine but doesn't complement motherboard colors. Consider Mushkin Stealth 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory which will also work regardless of cpu cooler chosen.

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive would be a much better choice for ssd. If that doesn't fit the budget get Samsung MZ-75E120B/AM.

Antec HCG M 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply is a good psu choice if planing SLI. If not planning to add a second gpu Antec HCG-620M or EVGA 220-GS-0650-V1 would be better choices.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I'd get 750w evga g2, the cx series isn't that great. Also any samsung evo ssd is perfect!

Gonna look out for that, might as well change. Corsair was an option here in Brazil, it was good for price comparison only then hehe, thanks

Need a case but it looks good order it except for that ssd you can get an adata 256GB for that price 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211853&cm_re=adata_256gb_ssd-_-20-211-853-_-Product

Awesome, I only went for the ol' realible big brand heheh gonna look for some review, but glad I can count on cheaper-as-good-as-brandy-ones options! thanks for the reply

Looks good, but you may want a cooler.  something like the Cryorig H5 will keep that i7 very cool.

Yeah, this build lists a part of what I intend to buy. Gonna get a little more about overclocking and such, but going to build something to last me a couple of years. My current pc involves XP, a brand new 2002 GPU and Dual Core :D

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1352.21
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-03 19:32 EDT-0400

Matching RAM
Newer SSD
More reliable HDD
Better GPU with an aftermarket cooler
Better PSU

You are missing a CPU cooler for overclocking. (If you aren't overclocking it makes no sense to pick up the 4790k)
You are also missing a case.

Amazing man! RAM seems a bit nicer, I was worried about that matching. SSD got me as well, I thought 840 was newer than 850 in some foruns, Idk why, but thanks. HDD is just to price comparison in my country, but it's nice to have a good reference, as well as the case and the cooler! GPU really improved, but I'm worried with the 550W PSU, I looked for cooler masters foruns, Linus videos and Tom's Hardware for some references and couldn't find the sweetspot for watts. Just wante to check this out!

Yh id ditch the CX PSU and get either a seasonic PSU or an EVGA PSU other than that it looks great

Glad you answered! I'm going for it, check those other brands, but what about wattage? This build is allegedly getting around 450W-500W according to online calcs, but GeForce says that 980ti min wattage goes up to 550W, so I'm slightly confused (and probably overreacting). Thanks a bunch!

Memory is fine but doesn't complement motherboard colors. Consider Mushkin Stealth 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory which will also work regardless of cpu cooler chosen.

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive would be a much better choice for ssd. If that doesn't fit the budget get Samsung MZ-75E120B/AM.

Antec HCG M 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply is a good psu choice if planing SLI. If not planning to add a second gpu Antec HCG-620M or EVGA 220-GS-0650-V1 would be better choices.

Thanks a lot! Indeed I'll make up my mind about SSD, good touch on matching colors, I would'nt have considered that! My main concern is the PSU and is wattage, I don't really have the cash for SLI, I bought something for my vídeo editing and that's it. Do you think 500W-550W is the way to go here? Again thanks!

Gonna look out for that, might as well change. Corsair was an option here in Brazil, it was good for price comparison only then hehe, thanks

Awesome, I only went for the ol' realible big brand heheh gonna look for some review, but glad I can count on cheaper-as-good-as-brandy-ones options! thanks for the reply

Yeah, this build lists a part of what I intend to buy. Gonna get a little more about overclocking and such, but going to build something to last me a couple of years. My current pc involves XP, a brand new 2002 GPU and Dual Core :D

Amazing man! RAM seems a bit nicer, I was worried about that matching. SSD got me as well, I thought 840 was newer than 850 in some foruns, Idk why, but thanks. HDD is just to price comparison in my country, but it's nice to have a good reference, as well as the case and the cooler! GPU really improved, but I'm worried with the 550W PSU, I looked for cooler masters foruns, Linus videos and Tom's Hardware for some references and couldn't find the sweetspot for watts. Just wante to check this out!

Glad you answered! I'm going for it, check those other brands, but what about wattage? This build is allegedly getting around 450W-500W according to online calcs, but GeForce says that 980ti min wattage goes up to 550W, so I'm slightly confused (and probably overreacting). Thanks a bunch!

Thanks a lot! Indeed I'll make up my mind about SSD, good touch on matching colors, I would'nt have considered that! My main concern is the PSU and is wattage, I don't really have the cash for SLI, I bought something for my vídeo editing and that's it. Do you think 500W-550W is the way to go here? Again thanks!

I'd get a650w minimum, because then you have a little bit of headroom.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

500W is a bit tight, but would do. 550W is a little better but something 600W+ would be my suggestion. Provides headroom for overclocking gpu and cpu, psu aging, and upgrades like more hdd. 

Quick update, going to order it tonight! Feel free to talk and throw bad words at it! Thanks

Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill N900PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($27.90 @ Newegg) 

vs    

vs    

Looks decent.

The 120-G1-0650-XR is built by FSP the 220-GS-0650-V1 is built by Seasonic.

The GS has hybrid fan mode. The fan can be always on or the unit can run fanless until the draw/temp require active cooling, user switchable.