Brace yourselves, Tapatalk is here.

nicholician

This is as much a rant as a warning to others not to do what I did.

So I was away from home for about a week or so doing an out of town job, so I only had my phone on me. Wanting to catch up on the LTT forum, I installed Tapatalk as the mobile site suggests for better viewing of the forums on the first day in town. (Usually I just ignore this cause I can usually get back on my PC to browse normally sooner than later and I'll only be on for a bit.) So I logged into my Google account from Tapatalk, and found I had subscribed to Android Central and XDA-Developper forums a while ago. So I get on and subscribe to the LTT forum so that I can get to it easily from the sidebar. It's not like they're going to email me a bunch of junk now are they? They didn't before!

Boy was I wrong as hell.

Apparently my job got harder so I was tired and didn't get onto the forums at all during the week. I just got home, and checked my email. Ho-Lee Shite. 6,974 new emails. Apparently "subscribing" to a forum from Tapatalk subscribes you to literally the ENTIRE FORUM. EVERY SUBFORUM. EVERY POST. EVERY COMMENT. 

So my emails were flooded and so were my LTT forum notifications. Thanks Tapatalk.

TL;DR - don't  subscribe to forums using Tapatalk, it will notify you of literally everything

I've fixed the problem now using Gmail filters that instantly delete and past or future emails from them and unsubscribed from every subforum on LTT just in case you ask.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

lol, rekt. That sounds just delightful

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I did not have that issue...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

06fa638adb5542d13258ab3c20fb3ed2.gif

this is why I didnt link my email lol

I really despise tapatalk...

It's just so unintuitive

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You can turn off the email notifications, really helps when you are subscribed to a bunch of things lol.

I'm just not going to bother and I've decided I'm just not going to use Tapatalk anyway. The app is unintuitive. 

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I hate email notifactions, thats why I hate overclock.net and ultimately turned to Linustechtips.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I use tapatalk, but for some reason i never got any of their emails