How long should you stress test RAM to make sure it's stable.

I managed to clock my RAM at 1866MHz (10-10-10-27). I stress tested it for a couple of hours, and it seemed stable. However, when watching Linus' X99 OC guide, he said that you shouldn't always OC RAM, because even though you test it for several hours, it can still crash on you days later. Is there a way to make sure that my OC is stable?

MOBO: MSI Z97A Gaming 7 || CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz, 1.25V || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 3.5GB @ +200MHz Core/+500MHz Memory, +50mV

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || HDD: 2x HGST 1TB || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2

Is not a cpu so if it's going to boot and run fine under load should be good to 2.At least from my experience

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

The crashing is related to random programs that you use. So you should stress test any OC using synthetic stress testers for a period of 6-8 hours but then you need to test games and render a few high quality videos to ensure a good OC and with any added programs you need to re-verify your OC.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I managed to clock my RAM at 1866MHz (10-10-10-27). I stress tested it for a couple of hours, and it seemed stable. However, when watching Linus' X99 OC guide, he said that you shouldn't always OC RAM, because even though you test it for several hours, it can still crash on you days later. Is there a way to make sure that my OC is stable?

Use P95 on the setting that tests the most RAM. Just let it run for a few hours. But as with CPU's, if you can, stress it all night

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

I'd let memtest run overnight, after a solid 7-8 hours it should be definitive. 

Aren't you just shortening the lifespan of the RAM?  This is not a CPU.  If you boot and there are not programs crashing or BSODs, you are fine.