Help me decide on a new mouse.

TwOne

So, I got a Logitech G402 a while ago, I think it's one of the best mice out there, but wasn't completely satisifed with some stuff like the cable and software.

So I was looking for a mouse, but I have quite specific requirements, so I decided to ask you guys about your suggestions.

Requirements:

- Plug 'n' play or anything that doesn't require gimmicky software

- 400 or 800 DPI mode (400 preferred)

- Very accurate optical sensor

- At least two extra buttons (on the side)

- Right handed or ergonomic ambidextrous shape

- Wired

Notes:

I use a hybrid palm and fingertip grip, so I want something that works well with that.

My hand is 19 cm long from tip of middle finger down to wrist, ~10 cm wide. 

I like mice that are between 90-145 grams.

I've looked at the CM Storm Alcor and Recon, Corsair Sabre, Zowie FK1 and SteelSeries Rival so far.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Requirements:

- Plug 'n' play or anything that doesn't require gimmicky software

- 400 or 800 DPI mode (400 preferred)

- Very accurate optical sensor

- At least two extra buttons (on the side)

- Right handed or ergonomic ambidextrous shape

You pretty much described Zowie mice.

btw, there's already a "revised" version of the FK1/2, it's called ZA11/12/13. Check it out.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Try the g700s

Whoops, updated the original post. I don't like wireless mice really because of the added latency. Can't use that when playing games like CS:GO.

Whoops, updated the original post. I don't like wireless mice really because of the added latency. Can't use that when playing games like CS:GO.

You can just use the cable then, and the latency is unnoticeable.

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

I recently upgraded to this after using a Razr Taipan. I know its also another Logitech but I believe it worth a try.

Logitech 502 Proteuos Core with  Steel series  QcK+ Large mouse pad. This combo is the best I've used in a long ass time. The G502 does everything you are asking for. I like my mice heavy so the ability to add weight to it makes it that much better. Plus its super comfortable. But you should head to your local store and try it out, I think it may be on the smaller side for you.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse

http://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qck-plus

You pretty much described Zowie mice.

btw, there's already a "revised" version of the FK1/2, it's called ZA11/12/13. Check it out.

Sadly they aren't available in my country. Only the EC2-A, FK1 and FK2 are available here, so I would have to pay a ton in shipping to get a ZA11. Looks pretty neat though, maybe a little small for my taste.

I recently upgraded to this after using a Razr Taipan. I know its also another Logitech but I believe it worth a try.

Logitech 502 Proteuos Core with  Steel series  QcK+ Large mouse pad. This combo is the best I've used in a long ass time. The G502 does everything you are asking for. I like my mice heavy so the ability to add weight to it makes it that much better. Plus its super comfortable. But you should head to your local store and try it out, I think it may be on the smaller side for you.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse

http://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qck-plus

I already have a QcK+, it's really nice IMO but just not optimal for the G402 to do it's job.

But looking at it, the G502 uses the exact same software I had problems with. When I went to configure my G402 for a Windows 7 machine, I downloaded the latest software off of Logitech's site, and the software failed to recognize the mouse, whereas in Windows 8.1 it worked fine, both 64-bit machines.

Plus, it had issues with remembering DPI settings. I would set the desktop to 800, and certain games to 400, yet it sometimes launched the games at 800, so I had to dive back into the software and change profiles manually.

Sadly they aren't available in my country. Only the EC2-A, FK1 and FK2 are available here, so I would have to pay a ton in shipping to get a ZA11. Looks pretty neat though, maybe a little small for my taste.

I already have a QcK+, it's really nice IMO but just not optimal for the G402 to do it's job.

Go for the FK1 then. You can't go wrong. It has a perfect sensor, low weight and it is plug'n'play without software to mess with tracking. It has heavier Huano switches though.

I was used to omron switches which are a bit lighter but surprisingly enough Huanos feel as good or even better, at least for me.

Don't fall for the rice spaceship maymay looks of the g502. It might be good at tracking but it's heavy as fuck, even without weights. 

And everyone knows heavy mice are shit when it comes to play at low sensitivities. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

Go for the FK1 then. You can't go wrong. It has a perfect sensor, low weight and it is plug'n'play without software to mess with tracking. It has heavier Huano switches though.

I was used to omron switches which are a bit lighter but surprisingly enough Huanos feel as good or even better, at least for me.

Don't fall for the rice spaceship maymay looks of the g502. It might be good at tracking but it's heavy as fuck, even without weights. 

And everyone knows heavy mice are shit when it comes to play at low sensitivities. 

What about the EC2-A. It looks like it fits my preferences in size and weight a little better. Do you know anything about it? Otherwise I might just pull the trigger on the FK1.

What about the EC2-A. It looks like it fits my preferences in size and weight a little better. Do you know anything about it? Otherwise I might just pull the trigger on the FK1.

The EC is more of a IE3.0 shape. If you think that shape fits you better go for it. It's the same Avago 3310 sensor as the FK1.

But looking at it, the G502 uses the exact same software I had problems with. When I went to configure my G402 for a Windows 7 machine, I downloaded the latest software off of Logitech's site, and the software failed to recognize the mouse, whereas in Windows 8.1 it worked fine, both 64-bit machines.

Plus, it had issues with remembering DPI settings. I would set the desktop to 800, and certain games to 400, yet it sometimes launched the games at 800, so I had to dive back into the software and change profiles manually.

Oh darn sucks to hear you are having such a bad experience with the Logitech program. I haven't had such issues with the software or DPI settings since I've had the mouse, but I'm using 8.1 too. It may be a issue with windows 7.

how bout this?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/roccat-kone-pure-turbo-core-eb-79159.htm

I got to try it too and the size and ergonomics of the mouse is pretty darn good.

The EC is more of a IE3.0 shape. If you think that shape fits you better go for it. It's the same Avago 3310 sensor as the FK1.

There is no "Avago 3310". ;)

how bout this?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/roccat-kone-pure-turbo-core-eb-79159.htm

I got to try it too and the size and ergonomics of the mouse is pretty darn good.

If somebody goes fpr the Kone Pure, then he should go for the Military or Amazon Edition.

There is no "Avago 3310". ;)

?

Official designation is PMW3310(which is PixArt naming scheme for obvious reasons), "Avago 3310" is just used by companies to let their Products appear superior.

>semantics 

And, as far as I know, Pixart got the rights to produce the sensors Avago made. So they're exactly the same.

Not sure what you want to get at, saying it comes from a different company implies that it is not the same, its not like Kartoffel and Erdäpfel.

That's exactly my point. They're literally the same sensor. Avago just sold the rights to produce their mice sensors to Pixart.

That's exactly my point. They're literally the same sensor. Avago just sold the rights to produce their mice sensors to Pixart.

So it would be okay to sell Volkswagen as Lamborghinis while others dont, just because Volkswagen bought Lamborghini and i want to get an Edge over other Sellers?

Not to mention that PMW3310 came after the Patent Sale, thats why its called PMW3310.

So it would be okay to sell Volkswagen as Lamborghinis while others dont, just because Volkswagen bought Lamborghini and i want to get an Edge over other Sellers?

Not to mention that PMW3310 came after the Patent Sale, thats why its called PMW3310.

As I've said, it's literally the same sensor. Only the brand changes. 

And how the customer percieves it.

Edit: You are not by any chance working for Zowie arent you?

No. Do I sound like a shill? Because what I said applies to many other mice such as Mionix's and Steelseries'.

No. Do I sound like a shill? Because what I said applies to many other mice such as Mionix's and Steelseries'.

Would have just fit with Zowie´s RMA Office/Warehouse.

And just because others do it doesnt make the Practice any better, "common people" think that "Avago 3310" and PMW3310 are not the same, thats why i mention it, and thats why the correct designation should be used, there have been quite a few threads in a few forums where people ask about the differences.

Would have just fit with Zowie´s RMA Office/Warehouse.

And just because others do it doesnt make the Practice any better, "common people" think that "Avago 3310" and PMW3310 are not the same, thats why i mention it, and thats why the correct designation should be used, there have been quite a few threads in a few forums where people ask about the differences.

And what do you read on those threads? The same thing I'm telling you and what you already know.

It's pretty likely I am going to go with the Zowie EC2-A. I like the FK1, but it may be a little too small for my taste. I currently use a Logitech M110, along with the Zowie mice they are very similar.

Also, now I noticed that even though the mouse market is very saturated, it can be hard to find exactly what you want if you are kind of picky like me. I have used an IME 3.0 in the past (at school) and I liked it.

However, I'm kind of unsure. I really like the shape of the G402, but a smaller size and weight also seems interesting to be, so I have no clue really. I could see if I could go to a shop somewhere to try different types of mice out, but for know I don't know for sure.