Internet explorer 9 not downloading any files?

I tried downloading java for my computer but when I click on the download it just doesn't do anything it just sits there as if I didn't click it....Same goes for other files too for example I tried downloading optifine and mods for minecraft and skyrim but nothing and it doesn't even allow me to see the download history....

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Inter

I tried downloading java for my computer but when I click on the download it just doesn't do anything it just sits there as if I didn't click it....Same goes for other files too for example I tried downloading optifine and mods for minecraft and skyrim but nothing and it doesn't even allow me to see the download history....

Welcome to Internet Exploder! Try looking at the security settings

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

9!?

9!?

9!?

I don't mind people that use IE, but, come on. If you're using Windows 7 or 8, Please upgrade to ie 11. However, if you're using Vista, get Firefox or Chrome

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Yeah, you need to get chrome... Maybe download it on another computer, put it on a USB, then install it on your PC that you're using IE on....

Although seriously, why are you using ineternet explorer still!

Chrome is fine when it comes to downloading files but I CANNOT DOWNLOAD JAVA!!!!!!!!! I NEED IT FOR MY TASKS ON THE COMPUTER AND CHROME DOES NOT ALLOW JAVA TO BE DOWNLOADED BECAUSE THEY ARE CRAP WHEN IT COMES TO KEEPING CONTRACTS WITH JAVA....*sorry for the caps*

Chrome is fine when it comes to downloading files but I CANNOT DOWNLOAD JAVA!!!!!!!!! I NEED IT FOR MY TASKS ON THE COMPUTER AND CHROME DOES NOT ALLOW JAVA TO BE DOWNLOADED BECAUSE THEY ARE CRAP WHEN IT COMES TO KEEPING CONTRACTS WITH JAVA....*sorry for the caps*

oMJmG5w_700wa_0.gifchrome downloads java fine..

well see if you can download it on another computer and then copy over the installer, or try and download IE 11 as said above

oMJmG5w_700wa_0.gifchrome downloads java fine..

Didn't they say they no longer have java on google chrome???? 

Download IE11. IE9 is a literal piece of shit. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

where did you hear that

We have detected you are using Google Chrome and might be unable to use the Java plugin from this browser. Starting with Version 42 (released April 2015), Chrome has disabled the standard way in which browsers support plugins. 

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/chrome-starts-pushing-java-off-the-web-by-disabling-plugins/

We have detected you are using Google Chrome and might be unable to use the Java plugin from this browser. Starting with Version 42 (released April 2015), Chrome has disabled the standard way in which browsers support plugins. 

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/chrome-starts-pushing-java-off-the-web-by-disabling-plugins/

try opera or mozilla then

try opera or mozilla then

Well I am upgrading to IE11 right now and hopefully I will be able to download java

Now my windows start search box is screwed up??????? LIke whenever I type something in nothing shows up 

Now my windows start search box is screwed up??????? LIke whenever I type something in nothing shows up 

Man sounds like your computer has serious problems.

I would do a FULL system scan using your Antivirus.

What version of Windows are you running? What is your Antivirus software?

I'd download and scan with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, if you don't already have it.

Frankly, you might have to do a full format and install, given the weird nature of your issues (Messed up start search box, cannot download in IE9, etc). Your OS may be corrupted or infected with malware.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Man sounds like your computer has serious problems.

I would do a FULL system scan using your Antivirus.

What version of Windows are you running? What is your Antivirus software?

I'd download and scan with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, if you don't already have it.

Frankly, you might have to do a full format and install, given the weird nature of your issues (Messed up start search box, cannot download in IE9, etc). Your OS may be corrupted or infected with malware.

I did a restore point so everything is normal again well for now

I did a restore point so everything is normal again well for now

Did you perform a full virus/malware scan? Restore Points will generally not remove malware infections.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Did you perform a full virus/malware scan? Restore Points will generally not remove malware infections.

Will be doing a malwarebytes scan and Avast free scan eventually

Will be doing a malwarebytes scan and Avast free scan eventually

I would change "eventually" to "the very first thing I do, the next time I'm sitting at that PC".

Threads like this explain why computer classes are necessary

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I would change "eventually" to "the very first thing I do, the next time I'm sitting at that PC".

Malwarebytes caught nothing...So I'm good

Threads like this explain why computer classes are necessary

Not everyone here is tech savvy but don't worry I will be taking some in the future :3 

Malwarebytes caught nothing...So I'm good

Good to hear :)