Overheating CPU

So I have a nzxt kraken x61, which is meant to be an amazing AIO cpu cooler...
My processor is an AMD athlon x4 750k- it is overclocked at 4.3GHz (300MHz more than stock)
So why is it idling at 40-50c, and when doing a simple task like defragging: why does it get to 80c!!!
Is there anything I could do to reduce these temps?
or is it just the CPU I've got?

Any help wpu;d be greatly appreciated as I don't think these are normal temps....
Thanks!

P.s. I have already taken the cooler off, cleaned the surfaces and re-applied with arctic mx-2 thermal compund.

(I've put a screenshot of my temps while defragging main Hard drive)

post-138322-0-45703700-1435953815.png

Core Voltage?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Try remounting the cooler and reapplying thermal paste. Also make sure your fans are running properly and at adequate speeds.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

look on your cpu cooler for any kinks or sounds or bubbles

Sounds?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If i shake the PC (like when carrying it around) I hear some water sloshing about

Is this normal? or should there be no air at all?

If not how would I go about removing the air in an AIO?

Try reverting the settings in the Bios back to default, I know 300MHz doesnt sound like a lot, but when motherboards include pre-built overclocks its usually increases the voltage by an insane amount like for example, My motherboard built in overclock, OC's it to 4.7GHz with 1.400 volts, when I have it running perfectly fine at 4.7 with 1.350 volts dramatically decreasing the temp, That should be it; Also the water sloshing should just be the water in the tubes if not its in the rad, Not too sure, never heard it in my h100i; And about removing the air, there is no good way to remove it with out voiding the Warrantee and such, I would send it back to NZXT and have them look at it

Try reverting the settings in the Bios back to default, I know 300MHz doesnt sound like a lot, but when motherboards include pre-built overclocks its usually increases the voltage by an insane amount like for example, My motherboard built in overclock, OC's it to 4.7GHz with 1.400 volts, when I have it running perfectly fine at 4.7 with 1.350 volts dramatically decreasing the temp, That should be it

Thank you! I'll defo try that once this freakin defrag has finished!

Is the cpu cooler an aio liquid cooler. If so how long have you had it, because after sometime (about 2 years or so) the coolant will empty.

Thank you! I'll defo try that once this freakin defrag has finished!

Just remember, if thats not it it might be a faulty cooler, and I also mean resetting to  UEFI defaults, if it is not that try sending it back to NZXT, I also prefer AIDA64 Engineer trail, because it includes everything from Sensors to Overclock because I do not have to go into the Bios to see my frequency and such, judging what you said by the core voltage at 1.4 I would lower that quite a bit by like 1.35... 1.4 is very high

69cbc751a9605b98cf6ab411aa686c7c.png

Oh and core voltage is 1.4V

1.4V is quite a lot and that's not unusual temps for that core voltage. Is that as low as you can go for a stable 4.3Ghz OC? 

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

If i shake the PC (like when carrying it around) I hear some water sloshing about

Is this normal? or should there be no air at all?

If not how would I go about removing the air in an AIO?

It is normal. All AIOs have air in them.

Is the radiator above the pump/block? If it's below then air will get stuck in the pump/block, and that's bad.

Is the pump/block cable connected to the CPU fan header? Try disabling variable speed for this header. Also report the pump speed to us.

Is the block actually installed correctly? Does it make good contact with the CPU? Removing it and inspecting the thermal paste impression on both the block's plate and the CPU heatspreader will tell you this. Having too much paste is bad. The impression should be a very thin (almost transparent) layer of paste, on both sides.

Oh, yeah, this is stupid, but I hope you removed the plastic film that protects the block's plate.

There are more things in heaven and earth then are dreamt of in your philosophy.