[Scratch Build] FPS-CASE1 rev2

4rtex

Hi guys! I have decided to share my project with you, although it's already in advanced stage and it can be found elsewhere. I have been watching this forum for a while and there are some very impressive things to see here.

Long story short:

I came up with the idea of creating something of my own after buying Hadron Air. I loved that thing, but there just wasn't enough room. I made FPS-CASE1 rev1 at work:

gallery_221674_2835_207781.jpg

Today FPS-CASE1 rev2 is meant to fit:

-mITX motherboard

-ATX power supply as well as SFX

-long and wide graphics cards

-2 x 240 mm radiators

-2 x 2.5" ssd/hdd drives

-5,25" single bay water pump/res combo

-4 x 120 mm fans

Case is made of 1.5 mm thick aluminium. It has a stainless steel front foot and trim. The rest is powder coated.

I have been working on rev2 since March. I'm currently in testing phase of primary frame components. This is briefly what it's supposed to look like:

gallery_221674_2835_15721.png

gallery_221674_2835_43067.png

gallery_221674_2835_41537.png

I have good access to machinery at work, including lasers, CNC punch and press brakes, which definitely helps in prototyping phase:

gallery_221674_2835_635637.jpg

gallery_221674_2835_490996.jpg

Test fitting main frame parts and front USB 3.0 ports:

gallery_221674_2835_1322972.jpg

gallery_221674_2835_550361.jpg

gallery_221674_2835_513510.jpg

gallery_221674_2835_237528.jpg

Test fitting motherboard and graphics card. Gpu mount on the back is bent wrong, so I have to correct this for the actual thing.

I'm currently also testing access panel mounting system. It's going to be ball stud and latch system. I have received some samples today.

gallery_221674_2835_1278122.jpg

A video of the latch in action:

Please comment guys :)

u shud do someting about da scratches

I didn't mention that this is not the actual thing on there. It's made from left over material just to test holes alignment and developed size. After it will be powder coated as well.

u shud do someting about da scratches

i believe he did do something about the scratches, and this is a prototype btw

I didn't mention that this is not the actual thing on there. It's made from left over material just to test holes alignment and developed size. After it will be powder coated as well.

i believe he did do something about the scratches, and this is a prototype btw

oh sorry :c didn't know

your name is very similar........................... to mien.................

your name is very similar........................... to mien.................

Maybe we should be best buds in here then :D

......lol.............               ............         ........

OK that is SEXY :o . I am curious though, why not step up to mATX? I feel like it wouldn't be too much extra space added on, as would it give you the option to SLI in the future. Though for that I guess you would need to have some holes at the bottom to allow the bottom graphics card to breathe. Anyways, love the project, and if you ever mass produce on a crowdfunding website I would support that shit!

OK that is SEXY :o . I am curious though, why not step up to mATX? I feel like it wouldn't be too much extra space added on, as would it give you the option to SLI in the future. Though for that I guess you would need to have some holes at the bottom to allow the bottom graphics card to breathe. Anyways, love the project, and if you ever mass produce on a crowdfunding website I would support that shit!

This case was meant to be mITX from the start, and although I agree with mATX point of view, I wouldn't want to compromise the space required for water cooling. mATX board would fit there easily as it is.

There are actually cut-outs at the bottom for 2 120 mm fans as intake.

Some production videos:

Two sets of parts on 1 sheet took 1 hour and 27 minutes.

Nice! Subbed

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

That is one good looking case and some great engineering! What is your job exactly if I might ask? Keep up the good work!

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

Nice! Subbed

That is one good looking case and some great engineering! What is your job exactly if I might ask? Keep up the good work!

Thank you. I'm leading a small CAD team at work, sheet metal shop.

where are you located? that case is nice and what would you take for it if you had to sell it?

would love this in ATX form.. doing a build and don't have a case yet.. I may even plaster a couple sub forums with a tread regarding "in search of user made case for current build" but a lot of you guys making cases seem to be going the mATX route :(

Still better than the Bitfenix Pandora Case side panel studs  :D

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Those cases look nice!

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240