Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting randomly?

Chenwei95

My mouse keep freezing frequently(once every 10~30 minutes), I can hear USB connected and disconnect sound right after it freezes, the only way to fix it without retarding my PC is to disconnect it and plug it into another type of USB port(yes, another type, for example, if it was in USB 2.0 port when it freezes and I plug it into another USB 2.0, its not gonna work, but if I plug it into a USB 3.0 port, it will)..  any idea why this is happening? I'm 90% sure it's not my mouse as I use it on my laptop as well, never happens on my laptop..

What I've done so far:

update mouse driver(logitech G500)

update motherboard BIOS(Asus Z68 V pro)

turn off USB hub power saving features in Device Manager

anything else I should try?

Your ports are shorting out. 

I would try cleaning the usb ports, with pressured air. Also take out every non-needed thing from the usb ports (flash drives, external drives) everything except the mouse and keyboard to try and narrow down the problem.

Oh, good. My slow clap processor made it into this thing. So we have that.. -Glados

Your ports are shorting out. 

I would try cleaning the usb ports, with pressured air. Also take out every non-needed thing from the usb ports (flash drives, external drives) everything except the mouse and keyboard to try and narrow down the problem.

hmm just did that still doesnt work :/

i already moved my keyboard to PS2 port, because it freezes my keyboard as well when that thing happens, but PS2 is just fine

Do you have some other electrical device near the computer?

Like a fridge / freezer turning off?

It's not a race to the bottom.

Do you have some other electrical device near the computer?

Like a fridge / freezer turning off?

no it sits on my table beside one of my monitor.. it has been fine for 1.5 year, just started to freak out 2 weeks ago

Are you sure it isn't the mouse at fault, and not USB hubs? It's either that or your USB controller is dying for some reason. I suggest you borrow a friend's (working) mouse and test it with your PC and confirm what the issue is. If your friend's mouse fails, it's your motherboards problem. If it's fine for, like an hour, it's your mouse that's faulty, in which case you need a new mouse. If your motherboard seems to be a problem, it seems like you've already tried cleaning ports, but the only other thing I can suggest is you try using any front USB ports. Good luck