Is a double 120mm Rad overkill on an i5 2500?

I have an i5 2500 non K and I got a used watercooling loop and cosmos case from a friend. It has a double 120mm Rad on the bottom and a triple 120mm Rad on the top. I plan on using the double for the i5 and the triple for the r9 390x card I just got (still need to buy a waterblock) and my question is: Should I do a duel loop with the CPU on a double and the GPU on a triple or air cool the i5 using a 212 evo and use the double and triple for the GPU? I DO have the i5 2500 non K OC'd to 3.8ghz. I contemplated getting a 3570k but the price/performance change is NOT worth it.

Why not use both the 240 and 360 rad on both the CPU and GPU?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It might actually be better in a single loop... Then if the CPU isn't getting used much the GPU can use most of the rads or the other way around.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

It might actually be better in a single loop... Then if the CPU isn't getting used much the GPU can use most of the rads or the other way around.

I might just do this and sell the res and pump, although this loop hadn't been cleaned in four years by its previous owner... 

I have the same cpu in watercooled rig.

2x120mm rad is ok, u won't need more for this cpu, it's not hot at all (or almost).