LED Hurts my eyes

Ryzone

So I got this BenQ monitor a long time ago for my ps3 and now use it for PS4 and I love it cool little monitor and enjoy playing games on it. So I just now decided to try it out on my PC and use it as a second monitor but holy moly man this thing hurts my eyes. Its way too bright or something for me. Which is weird because I play PS4 games on it and it doesn't hurt my eyes. Heres the monitor http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/GL2450/features/   So I'm wondering if getting an IPS monitor will do the same thing because they seem a lot brighter then something like the ROG Swift. Anyways just wondering what your thoughts are.

So I got this BenQ monitor a long time ago for my ps3 and now use it for PS4 and I love it cool little monitor and enjoy playing games on it. So I just now decided to try it out on my PC and use it as a second monitor but holy moly man this thing hurts my eyes. Its way too bright or something for me. Which is weird because I play PS4 games on it and it doesn't hurt my eyes. Heres the monitor http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/GL2450/features/ So I'm wondering if getting an IPS monitor will do the same thing because they seem a lot brighter then something like the ROG Swift. Anyways just wondering what your thoughts are.

Do not trust me as I am not a master of moniters.

But first just turn down the brightness if it is too bright and also ips supposedly is just a way to make images sharper I thought anyway but it may also be brighter

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

u can turn down the brightness, son ?!

Try tinkering with brightness, gamma and contrast to find what's optimal for your eyes.

Build: GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 780 CPU: Intel i5 4690 MoBo: AsRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB PSU: Seasonic 550W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Obsidian 500R

Yeah the brightness was at 100 so I bumped it down to 50 but man it still hurt to read text on it. Maybe I should of went lower but at 50 brightness it was about the same as my ASUS VW246H so I don't know maybe I needed to go lower but it was too much for me.

Do not trust me as I am not a master of moniters.

But first just turn down the brightness if it is too bright and also ips supposedly is just a way to make images sharper I thought anyway but it may also be brighter

ips makes the colors more accurate, and does not make the image sharper. A higher resolution makes images sharper.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Well thats good to know I was scared I wouldn't be able to enjoy an IPS haha

get glasses for  the pc i dont have an eye problem but i use them just in case

I didn't know what to put here...

get glasses for  the pc i dont have an eye problem but i use them just in case

Thats a good Idea I forgot about those. Are you talking about gunnars?

Well, the link says it all: https://justgetflux.com/

Yeah the brightness was at 100 so I bumped it down to 50 but man it still hurt to read text on it. Maybe I should of went lower but at 50 brightness it was about the same as my ASUS VW246H so I don't know maybe I needed to go lower but it was too much for me.

50% Brightness on Monitor A does NOT equal 50% brightness on Monitor B.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

well mine are from a whats it called lets call it glasses shop you just tell them glasses for computer for for vision , i dont know about gunnars but the price is similar

I didn't know what to put here...

Turn the brightness down. Led lcd displays are way too bright. I have mine at 30% brightness. Even at 50% it'd kill my eyes.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

if you find your eyes straining after long periods on the computer reading try changing the color temperature so it's not a blue so it's lower in the Kelvin scale it will make it a bit yellower but not hurt your eyes as much.

Usually it can be done in the GPU settings/software.

People suggesting to lower brightness clearly dont know how PWM backlight works. It flickers MORE with lower brightness.

For BEST eye comfort today you want:

- a FLICKER FREE (not flicker safe) IPS panel. IPS is a must. TN`s have backlight pulsing issues, on top of being just a low quality panel with that fucking flare.

- Which you keep @ max brightness.

- And use this perma on for day and night:    justgetflux.com

- Also, if you do any gaming at all. You really want to have freesync or gsync.

- Also, the higher refresh rate you can have, the easier it is for your eyes, but options on this is pretty limited still.

The cheapest flicker free freesync IPS monitor i know: 29um67, IPS, flicker free, 75hz, freesync.