[Community Video] Star Citizen - Is Beautiful

Ktwo

Hello everyone!

I thought it was time for me to try and show off the beauty of Star Citizen. As much as there are big debates on different aspects of the game, I think the one thing that is irrefutable is that Star Citizen and a damn good looking game.

This video consists of what I consider an epic buildup that attempts to show every aspect of the game that we can see so far, all from completely original (As in, not trailers) footage. From the gorgeous environments to the great detail in the ships and the effects, it's all amazing to look at.

What makes this a Community Video?

I'll be honest, I added the title myself, but what makes this a Community Video in my eyes is the fact that it wouldn't have been possible without the community!
A couple days ago, on the Arena Commander forums and on the Linus Tech Tips Forums, I posted a thread asking for potential volunteers who would be so kind to give me a hand in creating the video I had thought of, and the community delivered.
Here are the names of the great volunteers that spent almost two hours with me as they worked with me to get the video I wanted.
Booyakashasta
[F|H] Quicksilver
Rectrix
Wander Away

They showed up on almost a moments notice and it couldn't have been better. If you would like to look at the thread I mentionned, it's right here: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/270114/arena-commander-players-i-need-you#latest

Here's the video for you guys to enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmjieO6HVA

I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as it was recording it, and if you guys have any feedback or suggestions let me know below. I know I already learned alot and have a couple ideas for improvements the next time I plan on recording something like this. This was the first time I did anything of the sort and I definitely plan on doing it again, so if you want to take a part in the next one (I don't know when yet) send me a PM and I'll be sure to let you know!

I only recently started making Star Citizen videos, but you can check out my previous videos here if you would like: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPCfwiIeRffzq-mczULpWu-F_rebRQiBY

Thanks!

Nice video! Definitely looking forward to this game. I've got my Aurora MR and Mustang Omega waiting in my hangars.

demos are always beautiful, the game is not out yet.

Aliens: Colonial Marines anyone?  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Alphas generally aren't though so we should have a lot more to look forward to ;)

The game currently looks amazing and that's not even what it will look like at the final product. And it is already, we pledgers can check, way better than A:CM. So that's not an issue (yet I guess?). :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The game currently looks amazing and that's not even what it will look like at the final product. And it is already, we pledgers can check, way better than A:CM. So that's not an issue (yet I guess?). :)

the fact that it's in modules worries me. loading times here we go.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Don't remind me of that game haha.

Although I doubt the same will happen with Star Citizen, it's currently alpha, and Chris Roberts said it himself that he wants it to look even better then it already is. In fact, currently the only options in the menu are low,medium, high, very high haha, they haven't even given the advanced options yet.

That is temporary. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Its released in modules, the game isn't in modules. Its without a doubt one of the fastest loading games on my SSD

Its released in modules, the game isn't in modules. Its without a doubt one of the fastest loading games on my SSD

Depending on the time frame he played, there were loading loading issues before, but this was when they loaded everyship in the game in some corner of the map that you couldn't see because the tech wasen't optimised and that happened to be faster then loading it into video memory instead. However they have already updated that and loading times were more then cut in half. It's pretty cool seeing stuff like that happen. Can't wait for them to start merging modules, but that's still a long way off.

Depending on the time frame he played, there were loading loading issues before, but this was when they loaded everyship in the game in some corner of the map that you couldn't see because the tech wasen't optimised and that happened to be faster then loading it into video memory instead. However they have already updated that and loading times were more then cut in half. It's pretty cool seeing stuff like that happen. Can't wait for them to start merging modules, but that's still a long way off.

Damn, I haven't played Arena Commander for such a long time, the last memory I have of it are the long loading times. Amazing to see that they were addressed :D

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Yay~! Awesome video, I had lots of fun making it \o/

I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for helping out.