About to buy my €1000,- pc

wuppy29

Nothing bad, but you could upgrade to K processor since you are going with z97 mobo already.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'm about to buy a €1000,- pc.

Could I get some final feedback on my build? Is there anything bad about this etc.

My parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yRyWvK

I'll be buying this pc in The Netherlands at https://www.alternate.nl/.

Check tweakers.net Much better price comparrison for netherlands.. could save you quite a bit.

Also I'd change the PSU.. the CX isn't really a good option unless it's really cheap which it usually isn't.

I'd get a Samsung Evo or a Ocz arc 100 over the BX100.. But it's ok if it's significantly cheaper then the other 2

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

BX ssd?

Why not MX?

Check tweakers.net Much better price comparrison for netherlands.. could save you quite a bit.

Also I'd change the PSU.. the CX isn't really a good option unless it's really cheap which it usually isn't.

I'd get a Samsung Evo or a Ocz arc 100 over the BX100.. But it's ok if it's significantly cheaper then the other 2

ocz over crucial  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

OP, the CX is a good option, I can vouch for it. A very good one./

Put it in 10 builds so far, none have failed.

I can really vouch for the CX series... they are severely underestimated but in reality work without a hitch for years.

Even Carey Holzman puts them in his builds now

1x8 GB leaves better upgrade options.

His motherboard has 4 slots so even with a dual channel setup he has upgrade options.

His motherboard has 4 slots so even with a dual channel setup he has upgrade options.

With a single 8gb stick he can go up to 32 gigs without replacing the memory stick, while with 4x4GBs he would have up to 16 gigs only.

1x8 GB leaves better upgrade options.

Which he won't need because he can still upgrade to 16 GB and once that is outdated it's probably about time to upgrade to a newer platform with DDR4 anyways.

who cares...

Nothing bad, but you could upgrade to K processor since you are going with z97 mobo already.

I'm not going to overclock and I'm already slightly over my original budget so I don't think I should go for the K.

Get 2x4 GB RAM instead of 1x8 GB.

Good idea. I originally got 1x8GB because of a more limited motherboard I was going to get, but this is better.

Tweakers.net is indeed better to get the lowest price, but I'd like to buy everything at a single store. Besides that I have had great experiences with the Alternate regarding returning broken/poorly performing products. It's also in a very convenient location.

The CX is actually one of the cheaper PSUs. I originally had one with less power but that was more expensive.

I've looked at the Samsung Evo and even put one in my first build, but the price was way too high so I had to cut back. I don't think there'll really be any major difference so that's why I cut back slightly on a still very fast, but slightly slower SSD.

OP, the CX is a good option, I can vouch for it. A very good one./

Put it in 10 builds so far, none have failed.

Thanks. That's good to hear.

With a single 8gb stick he can go up to 32 gigs without replacing the memory stick, while with 4x4GBs he would have up to 16 gigs only.

I doubt I'll really have to upgrade above 8GB any time soon let alone go over the 16GBs. And I agree with KamiKatze that by the time I need more than 16GB to make an actual difference, there's much better technology making the ram I have useless. 

Also I say don't buy from Alternate..... 

ocz over crucial  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Much faster drive with a better controller matched to a nand producer and an unbelieveabl warranty (They call you, troubleshoot and if they consider it for RMA they will cross ship you a new drive with return postage paid and only the serial number is needed.. So also a good drive to buy used if your that way inclined)

Also I say don't buy from Alternate..... 

Why is that? I've only had good experiences with their customer support and delivery.

Why is that? I've only had good experiences with their customer support and delivery.

Same here, I was able to return a broken product months after purchasing it and got a slightly better/more expensive one in return for free because they didn't have the original one. This all happened within 2 days including shipping. Really good job done there.

Much faster drive with a better controller matched to a nand producer and an unbelieveabl warranty (They call you, troubleshoot and if they consider it for RMA they will cross ship you a new drive with return postage paid and only the serial number is needed.. So also a good drive to buy used if your that way inclined)

crucial has been rock solid over the years, ocz... not really... Who needs a faster ssd anyway bx100 is plenty fast and it's really cheap.

Spoiler

I didn't :P their customer support is known to take weeks 

crucial has been rock solid over the years, ocz... not really... Who needs a faster ssd anyway bx100 is plenty fast and it's really cheap.

That's exactly what I was going to say. An SSD is already incredibly fast. The chance that you'll see a difference between a good and a great SSD is very low and if it's even noticeable at all, it will be extremely minor.

Tweakers.net is indeed better to get the lowest price, but I'd like to buy everything at a single store. Besides that I have had great experiences with the Alternate regarding returning broken/poorly performing products. It's also in a very convenient location.

The CX is actually one of the cheaper PSUs. I originally had one with less power but that was more expensive.

I've looked at the Samsung Evo and even put one in my first build, but the price was way too high so I had to cut back. I don't think there'll really be any major difference so that's why I cut back slightly on a still very fast, but slightly slower SSD.

I'd check and see what you could save.. if it's significant enough then it may be worth going for a few of the alternatives.. Eg you may fing the GPU elsewhere at €40 less.

But if your set on the 1 place, fair enough.. I do this but if there are a few bits from elsewhere I'll make the odd savings but use the 1 place for everything thats just withing a few quid. Anywho.. yourchoice and all..

EG, much better PSU and €20 less.. http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/256222/seasonic-s12ii-bronze-520w.html

The CX is an OK PSU.. but only if there isn't a better alternative at a similar price.

Yes, crucial are solid drives, the speed difference doesn't make much effect But OCZ had bother in the early days drom dead controllers.. the sandforce ones.. That wasn't their fault and they replaced so many drives and handled it very well.. Their own in-house controller is VERY good and they are now owned by a nand producer, so you know they get the best of the batches.

So don't be too against them.

Every company can have a bad line / run / batch.. It's how they deal with it that counts and OCZ did so very well IMO. It's all about the price to performance as the Arc 100 is often cheaper than the BX100

Yes, crucial are solid drives, the speed difference doesn't make much effect But OCZ had bother in the early days drom dead controllers.. the sandforce ones.. That wasn't their fault and they replaced so many drives and handled it very well.. Their own in-house controller is VERY good and they are now owned by a nand producer, so you know they get the best of the batches.

So don't be too against them.

Every company can have a bad line / run / batch.. It's how they deal with it that counts and OCZ did so very well IMO. It's all about the price to performance as the Arc 100 is often cheaper than the BX100

The Arc 100 is actually about 10 euros more expensive than the bx100 in the Netherlands currently. You did make a good point about getting certain components from a different store though.