Halo Online El Dewrito Launcher version 0.4.7 released - Server Browser, VOIP, Direct Connect, and in game text chat.

Hi guys,

Firstly, El Dewrito is a launcher for a mod of an alpha version of a free-to-play Halo game in Russia called Halo Online. If you think you can pirate a free-to-play game, then do as you will (mods, lock the topic, do wtv, up to you). 

El Dewrito aims to basically make it Halo 3 online for PC as it has all the Halo 3 assets (maps, guns, and such) along with some Halo Reach stuff too (such as sprint), and make it available to the US & EU (since Halo Online is currently only available in Russia).

I'm not going to post a news thing every time a new update comes out. This is just a one-off to let people know it exists since this update adds some fairly good features (mentioned in the title).

Note that Medals & the Announcer were in 0.4.6, but were removed in 0.4.7 to be fixed and will be re-added later. Note also that this is obviously alpha-esque stuff, but the basic Halo stuff works. You can play games against each other. The features may be buggy. 

0.5 will have some other stuff:

• Updated Forge and HTML Menu
  • Sprint Toggle for servers/games (Sprint affects makes like Guardian in a negative way)
  • Stats server (so you can see your KDR, among other things)
  • Other stuff I don't know about yet. 

Here are the links to the files you need:
Halo Online Files - https://mega.co.nz/#!NFwkQIwL!3tQ1QNKb_mQs1a7MKloSlkD9SbPlmZALS3zH7fez1tc

^ That is a torrent file, so you'll need a torrent program, I prefer qbittorrent. The download is 2.0GB. Seed if you can.

El Dewrito Launcher - https://github.com/FishPhd/DewritoUpdater/releases

Unreleased Builds (for the first adopters/experimenters) for the Launcher - https://ci.appveyor.com/project/emoose/eldorito/build/artifacts

Here is how to install it, from one of the developers (FishPhd):

Here is some gameplay of me playing it as an example:

Do these things at your own risk. The community at https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline is where you can see about new updates as a sort of "developer log" and here is the IRC channel for that community.

If you want to host your own games, you need these ports open: 11775​​, 11774​​, & 9987

Note that people have mentioned that this update has caused some FPS drops in their game (even on beefy hardware), whereas before this, they didn't have this issue. YMMV. It will probably be fixed in the next update.

Also note that Fullscreen doesn't work properly with ultrawide/eyefinity setups. Running it in Windowed mode fixes this.

Enjoy. :) I'll be playing this a bit.

Tilde (~) for console, as usual. Caps Lock for VOIP (you can change it in the launcher VOIP settings).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I've been following this since the beginning and it's absolutely amazing how far this has come.

I've been needing a Halo fix on PC for a while and until Microsoft brings updated Halo to PC then this will fill that void.

See you all online!

What the fuck? This is definitely in the wrong section. Also, pretty sure it is illegal. You can pirate free to play games.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Yay, no need to keep making custom Halo CE maps.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Kinda sad that some third party has to get the ball rolling on this. Meanwhile Microsoft continues with empty promises of supporting PC gaming.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What the fuck? This is definitely in the wrong section. Also, pretty sure it is illegal. You can pirate free to play games.

"FREE TO PLAY"

Now please kindly go rethink your statement.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Ehhh. Tech news. It's news about technology. The mods will move it if they feel it's that out of place. 

>you can pirate free to play games

ohwaityoureserious.gif

Kinda sad that some third party has to get the ball rolling on this. Meanwhile Microsoft continues with empty promises of supporting PC gaming.

Apparently Halo Online wasn't going to be released beyond Russia. I could be wrong, but that's what I've read. 

Sad indeed.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Ehhh. Tech news. It's news about technology. The mods will move it if they feel it's that out of place. 

-snip

Apparently Halo Online wasn't going to be released beyond Russia. I could be wrong, but that's what I've read. 

Sad indeed.

I refuse to understand why MS won't put Halo on PC. There are plenty of people who would buy it. Probably a lot that won't buy an xbox just to play halo, so.....it would be profit.

Not to mention the possibility of people buying it a second time to get a better experience than they did on their console. (that is, if MS didn't give us the shittiest port ever, which knowing them.....probably very likely)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well the devs that are working on the Halo Online for PC isnt 3rd party, they have worked on the Halo titles perviously.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Interesting , we have a new competitor for the Game Chatting business ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Interesting , we have a new competitor for the Game Chatting business ... 

I'm not sure what you mean.

† Christian Member †

Can't wait until its done. Halo party!! :D

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

I just don't understand why they will not do an English/Global release of this. Do they not see how huge it could be?

I'd rather wrestle my way into the Russian servers than play like this though.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm not sure what you mean.

Like a skype like calling but it's Game oriented ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I refuse to understand why MS won't put Halo on PC. There are plenty of people who would buy it. Probably a lot that won't buy an xbox just to play halo, so.....it would be profit.

Not to mention the possibility of people buying it a second time to get a better experience than they did on their console. (that is, if MS didn't give us the shittiest port ever, which knowing them.....probably very likely)

Currently this is only RUSSIA closed beta. I was probs the first on here to play the game. It will be OPEN to all when they are finished.

The port is shiity to be honest, its really good. Works well, they have been fixing a lot of bugs, there is not much I can talk about due to NDA but lets say its going to be a awesome port :)

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Currently this is only RUSSIA closed beta. I was probs the first on here to play the game. I will be OPEN to all when they are finished.

The port is shiity to be honest, its really good. Works well, they have been fixing a lot of bugs, there is not much I can talk about due to NDA but lets say its going to be a awesome port :)

A few weeks ago there was an FAQ on the official website that I think mention that it COULD be released elsewhere but was still set only for russia.

They're terrified of losing XBOX sales, even though the majority of PC gamers would never bother buying a console just for a single game or game series. 

They're certainly being idiots about it, and probably fail to even recognise Steam sale numbers alone.

Hell if Halo gets a max of 4 million sales that easily rivals the XBOX One console launch alone.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

damnit, it's capped at 60.

if anyone knows how to remove that cap, let me know.

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

Sad indeed.

"FREE TO PLAY"

Now please kindly go rethink your statement.

Amazes me how you aren't actually considering the fact they're developing this purely to sell microtransactions. If you take that away by modding it without their permission it's pirating.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

damnit, it's capped at 60.

if anyone knows how to remove that cap, let me know.

Unfortunately that's an engine limitation. Like with Dark Souls 1. It messes with Vehicle Physics to go over 60 FPS.

Amazes me how you aren't actually considering the fact they're developing this purely to sell microtransactions. If you take that away by modding it without their permission it's pirating.

We have taken the portion of the game they've freely given and are playing it. I fail to see that as piracy.

Here's a thought: I live in Russia. I download the game. I play it for 100's of hours. I never get a single microtransaction.

Have I pirated the game?

† Christian Member †

Its a bit hard to outright say this is piracy. Its still only confirmed for russia so its not like they're actually selling anything to any of us that aren't in russia.

Woah, been curious about the development of this. Last I looked I couldn't really find anything but I didn't try really hard and my Googlefu isn't what it should be. Gonna give this a try later. :D

I really want it to get big enough for there to be enough Oceanic interest. Would love to finally get back to Halo.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

06fa638adb5542d13258ab3c20fb3ed2.gif

Sorry but that is how EVERY free 2 play game works, this games launch was originally only planned for Russia for PC, modders said "Fuck that we want to play it in other parts of the world" Which brought about the launcher to enable online play. 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14