I can not run any game from Valve...

Ophidio

Well, its not that I can't run them, my computer won't launch them. I'm having this problem with CS:GO, Left for Dead 2, and Dota 2. When I click on the games to launch it tries but then it just doesn't open it. I've done everything that the forums and community have told me to do. I'm coming to you, the people of LMG/LTT organization and fanbase asking for help with this problem. You guys are my final option on getting this fixed without taking my PC to Valve themselves, slapping the first person I see with it, and telling them to fix it before I rape their souls. So please, great masterminds and wizards of computers. Prevent me from raping the souls of Valve and bringing hell down on their company. Thank you <3

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

-snip-

Can you give me a list of what you have tried already?

Reinstalling any of the games.. Doing a driver reinstall for GPU.. Verifying integrity of game cache.. etc. 

(restarting your PC)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This may seem silly, but have you restarted?

Woo!

hmmmm.

I can't really think of any solution of then re-installing Steam, verifying game cache through steam, or just re-installing Windows.

Perhaps re-install GPU drivers or try running as administrator.

and telling them to fix it before I rape their souls.

Woah, slow down buddy xD

What OS do you have?

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Maybe.... Try this, set the launch option to "-autoconfig"

This will reset the game's settings back to default.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Can you give me a list of what you have tried already?

Reinstalling any of the games.. Doing a driver reinstall for GPU.. Verifying integrity of game cache.. etc. 

(restarting your PC)

I've had this problem for months now

I've done the following

-verifying game cache

-restarted computer (multiple times)

-uninstalled steam and everything that comes with it

-uninstalling games

-unistalling driver for gpu and even manually removing gpu and putting back in (don't know why, i was desperate okay?)

-downloading every possible update there could be for windows and anything extra that could be downloaded

Only thing I have not done is reinstall my OS which to the person that asked I'm using windows 8.1

Maybe.... Try this, set the launch option to "-autoconfig"

This will reset the game's settings back to default.

Okay, I'll try that. Thank you

edit - tried and it didn't work

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Open the start menu, open run, type msconfig, go to services, find Steam Client Service, and make sure it is enabled.  Now restart your computer and retry.

Iv had a problem with running vavle games with After Burner while using Rivatuner

Try disabling antivirus then reinstalling while your av is disabled.

Re-install Windows. It's likely a registry issue. 

I've disabled my antivirus to try and fix it. Doesn't work either and I've changed the settings to where my antivirus just ignores the game period. 

To reinstall windows, do I just put the disk in (because im old school and use a disk xD) and boot from that drive? Also, when reinstalling windows should I delete all drivers and everything that are already installed before reinstalling to be safe? Or should I just back up everything I have and completely reinstall and have it wipe everything that's already on my HDD... and yes I know I should really get an SSD but I'm just going to save for a new build and make it as Overkill as possible so...

without taking my PC to Valve themselves, slapping the first person I see with it, and telling them to fix it before I rape their souls.

I don't want to help, I kind of want to see this happen :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

To reinstall windows, do I just put the disk in (because im old school and use a disk xD) and boot from that drive?

Or make bootable USB from the disc:

Using CMD

Easy way

Or use Rufus.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I don't want to help, I kind of want to see this happen :D

Ooh it's going to be a bad dream  :P

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

I've disabled my antivirus to try and fix it. Doesn't work either and I've changed the settings to where my antivirus just ignores the game period. 

To reinstall windows, do I just put the disk in (because im old school and use a disk xD) and boot from that drive?

What you could try, since you have a disc on hand, is putting that in, and running the Windows Refresh / Repair tool. 

Also, for shits and giggles, open up the CMD as Administrator, and run this command without quotes: "sfc /scannow"

(Type cmd into the start menu, and right-click the CMD and hit Run as Administrator.) 

To reinstall windows, do I just put the disk in (because im old school and use a disk xD) and boot from that drive? Also, when reinstalling windows should I delete all drivers and everything that are already installed before reinstalling to be safe? Or should I just back up everything I have and completely reinstall and have it wipe everything that's already on my HDD... and yes I know I should really get an SSD but I'm just going to save for a new build and make it as Overkill as possible so...

Go to PC settings in 8.1 and click recover.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

What you could try, since you have a disc on hand, is putting that in, and running the Windows Refresh / Repair tool. 

Also, for shits and giggles, open up the CMD as Administrator, and run this command without quotes: "sfc /scannow"

(Type cmd into the start menu, and right-click the CMD and hit Run as Administrator.) 

Okay, cool I'll try that and see if it helps. If it doesn't ill be back and let everyone now how Gaben took his soul raping ^_^

For shits and giggles I'm doing it. 

Okay, So just as a note because I ran that command prompt, this came back.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Other things were said but I didn't feel like typing. 

Okay, So just as a note because I ran that command prompt, this came back.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Other things were said but I didn't feel like typing. 

I'd definitely Re-Install Windows then, if that's the prompt you got.

I'd definitely Re-Install Windows then, if that's the prompt you got.

Reinstall or just try and repair?

Re-install guarantees you fix it, but could take longer. Repair could fix it, and be shorter. If it doesn't, that's even more wasted time. So the choice is yours!

Reinstall windows, if you really want to start from fresh.... Then format your boot drive and reinstall windows.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

If you're using Window 8 and above, try DISM command. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I had this exact problem as well, I don't know for sure how I fixed it but I believe I did a fresh install of Windows.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W