Here comes airline simulator 2016: original post just kidding, it's 2017

You'll need 2 things: a ship and a licence. The former can be anything that has an empty seat (possibly even a Super Hornet) the latter is obtained through local authorities and depending on the traffic of that particular landing zone will be more expensive and may not last as long as others and even require a certain level of reputation.

Now that you got both you simply land on a public landing pad, connect to the local Flight Schedule Computer, set destination, departure time, estimated arrival time and price for each travel class you offer and you're good to go. Once an offer was published you may change pricing but not destination, departure or arrival time without cancelling the whole flight; grumpy costumers who already purchased tickets included. The Flight Schedule Computer will also show you popularity of destinations and how many ticket you already have sold.

Now that your ship is filled up (or you hit your departure time and don't want to be late) the fun begins as you now have to take care of your passengers. The amount of care depends on the different classes: Coach, Business Class, First Class, and Luxury Class.

Coach is pretty easy because people are happy for the fact that there is a flight and that it is affordable. As long as you get them to their destination on time and don't let them die of hunger, dehydration, sleep deprivation, diseases, bullet holes or suffocation they're happy (talking about cattle class, eh?)

Luxury Class on the other hand needs an ace pilot, a flight attendant per costumer and the finest interior and amenities money can buy. Exceeding 0.3G in acceleration or mixing a drink that is only 98% in quality and you'll probably never see that costumer again. (It will probably not be that hard but you get the point here.)

The things you'll have to take care of are the Information, Communication, and Entertainment System (ICES), the Mixmaster and medical treatment.

The ICES can encounter multiple problems. The communications ca be jammed by different natural radiations (or that asshole radio station in a Herald next to you) and have to be countered by selecting the appropriate filter. An audio module can get out of sync and has to be realigned in a simon says style minigame. A whole server can burn out and then needs to be replaced or when you bought a cheep one there can also be a loose cable that needs to be resoldered. So keep the stocks up and don't cheep out. And the biggest problems of it all: crappy movies. Yes you actually have to purchase movies and make sure that they're still popular.

The Mixmaster is a whole topic for itself. One does not simply press a button and a perfectly mixed drink comes out. It's not like we don't have something like that right now either. Anyway, yes, you have to mix drinks yourself and if you messed up it will not be a perfect drink and you'll have to decide if you dump it and try again or ship it to the costumer and hope he doesn't mind. the higher class costumers will also judge the quality by the beverages used to mix the drink, so you''ll have to keep an eye on that, too. All this while watching the clock as well; If you don't bring my Gargle Blaster in time I'll Youtube comment your butt out of business.

And of course there's always that one douche bag who didn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom and gets sick so it's now your job to find out what the heck he caught and how to cure it before the other passengers take notice of what's going on or even worse the bug spreads. Well, there is always a solution

You and 99% of your cargo survived the trip? Good, now you can give them an all clear signal and let them get off your ship, or just throw them out, time is money, y'know. Now you're good to go for another flight.

TL;DW AtV 51 will be up later today. I just wanted this to be done first.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

I intend to not have anything to do with this, aside from the drink mixings or as a passenger, if I can help it. Leave me to my repair, ship maintenance and engineering work....

I'm still considering owning an endeavor, but I am a tad afraid at thinking of its cost.

So how many people jumped into ownership of this bugger?

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

It falls into the "acquire in-game" category for me :)

It falls into the "acquire in-game" category for me :)

I would buy one but have better things to throw money at, as much as I like SC I don't think they will miss my money either.

Personally I'm thinking of using it as troop transport for Operation Monarch

I would buy one but have better things to throw money at, as much as I like SC I don't think they will miss my money either.

Personally I'm thinking of using it as troop transport for Operation Monarch

Sounds like private security class troop transport, lol. I know they have a military variant or two, but I personally would go for multiple ships to rectify a hot landing while larger transports for bulk movement.

You thinking of having a decent sized transport fleet for paramilitary, spoon? I plan to run scout, e-war and repair based roles if you could use me on some runs.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

Sounds like private security class troop transport, lol. I know they have a military variant or two, but I personally would go for multiple ships to rectify a hot landing while larger transports for bulk movement.

You thinking of having a decent sized transport fleet for paramilitary, spoon? I plan to run scout, e-war and repair based roles if you could use me on some runs.

I'd use the larger ships in maybe the second or third wave of reinforcements when its safer for them move but yeah civvie runs sound dull to me. If the "jetpacks" are as good as they sound, they'll make good ship to jump from ;)

I'd use the larger ships in maybe the second or third wave of reinforcements when its safer for them move but yeah civvie runs sound dull to me. If the "jetpacks" are as good as they sound, they'll make good ship to jump from ;)

Forget jetpack, I could just imagine you dressed as dr. octo with 8 or so mechanical limbs moving you around equipped with thrusters in eva.

Honestly, what I would love to see is an alien race that uses some kind of drones similar to the sentinels in the matrix that swarm to ships and try ripping it apart, or melting through the plating as the frantic constellation crew members are trying to slag them off the hull.

Still new, but learning

This sounds like easy pickings for a random pirate ;)

Unfortunately the Starliner has pretty thick shields so your Cutlass won't cut it (pun intended) but the Void bomber you plan to acquire should have enough arguments to convince some of the passengers to spend a little more money on their trip  :lol:

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

This sounds like easy pickings for a random pirate ;)

Actually this ship flying around makes me wanna become a pirate....

Unfortunately the Starliner has pretty thick shields so your Cutlass won't cut it (pun intended) but the Void bomber you plan to acquire should have enough arguments to convince some of the passengers to spend a little more money on their trip :lol:

Who said I'd start outside the ship? I'm certain there are some employees who wouldn't mind a cut of the profits to look the other way checking baggage