Graphics Card Upgrade

Darcnis

A friend of mine recently upgraded his PSU and graphics card. He went from a 430w and a saphire r7 250 to a 600w and a galaxy gtx 670. He has a cheap DVI monitor (no hdmi) and when he tries to start up his computer using the DVI monitor it shows his computer booting and windows starting but once windows starts the screen goes completely black and his monitor shows no signal. We tried plugging it into his TV through hdmi and it works perfectly that way but he wants to be able to use the DVI monitor since his family members use the TV all the time. We tried everything from changing all the bios settings to trying numerous different drivers to troubleshooting with dual monitor setup using his TV and still no luck. We made sure everything was plugged in and setup properly and we even uninstalled all his old amd drivers and disabled integrated graphics before removing his old graphics card. Without any drivers for the card it works but is at a horrible resolution and doesn't allow us to change it but it does the black screen thing every time we update to any nvidia drivers. Any info and help on this would be much much appreciated.

His full system specs are
Asus H81M-A LGA1150

Core i5 4460

8gb G Skill DDR3 1600mhz

WD Green 500gb

And the two components we upgraded are

600w bronze PSU

Galaxy GTX 670 2gb

The monitor is an AOC E2262VW LED

My guess would be that the monitor is screwed up, you tested it on the TV and it worked....You may have to get a new monitor.

My guess would be that the monitor is screwed up, you tested it on the TV and it worked....You may have to get a new monitor.

idk it worked fine for his R7 right before we upgraded it and works without any nvidia drivers installed though

Maybe try a different DVI cable???

We have with no luck. I don't think the cable is the problem because it shows his computer and windows starting but it just goes black after that.

Maybe with VGA/HDMI instead of DVI?

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

A friend of mine recently upgraded his PSU and graphics card. He went from a 430w and a saphire r7 250 to a 600w and a galaxy gtx 670. He has a cheap DVI monitor (no hdmi) and when he tries to start up his computer using the DVI monitor it shows his computer booting and windows starting but once windows starts the screen goes completely black and his monitor shows no signal. We tried plugging it into his TV through hdmi and it works perfectly that way but he wants to be able to use the DVI monitor since his family members use the TV all the time. We tried everything from changing all the bios settings to trying numerous different drivers to troubleshooting with dual monitor setup using his TV and still no luck. We made sure everything was plugged in and setup properly and we even uninstalled all his old amd drivers and disabled integrated graphics before removing his old graphics card. Without any drivers for the card it works but is at a horrible resolution and doesn't allow us to change it but it does the black screen thing every time we update to any nvidia drivers. Any info and help on this would be much much appreciated.

His full system specs are

Asus H81M-A LGA1150

Core i5 4460

8gb G Skill DDR3 1600mhz

WD Green 500gb

And the two components we upgraded are

600w bronze PSU

Galaxy GTX 670 2gb

The monitor is an AOC E2262VW LED

how you tried windows key plus the P key. Try that and select extend.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

idk it worked fine for his R7 right before we upgraded it and works without any nvidia drivers installed though

We have with no luck. I don't think the cable is the problem because it shows his computer and windows starting but it just goes black after that.

This probably won't change much but try it on a different monitor not a TV

Maybe with VGA/HDMI instead of DVI?

Yeah our next try was gonna be an hdmi to dvi/vga adapter but we wont be able to try this till tomorrow. Will definately tell how it goes though.

This probably won't change much but try it on a different monitor not a TV

Definately will when we get the chance

how you tried windows key plus the P key. Try that and select extend.

Have not tried that actually. What would this do?