why do people fuck with stuff that works?

No, he was like taking the CPU out of the socket and one of the pins got bent by accident.

Haha what a way to go. But the point was about the water cooling AIO vs. my current Hyper D92. I think a Corsair H100i or later would lower my temps better than another but like I said, I'm still weighing out which way to go manufacturer-wise.

H100i would be fine, just be careful of Corsair Link and it's sensors and whatnot. 

Seidon 240M, Nepton 240M, 280L, X61 is also a good choice.

No, he was like taking the CPU out of the socket and one of the pins got bent by accident.

exactly. it worked fine. he fucked with it.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

exactly. it worked fine. he fucked with it.

I was installing a better cooler and my dad bumped me, calm down dude.

I got to 4.8 GHz but my stock cooler was making the table vibrate, so I bought a Hyper 212. Temps were acceptable with the stock cooler, my case simply lacked rubber feet so vibrations were transferred.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I was installing a better cooler and my dad bumped me, calm down dude.

I got to 4.8 GHz but my stock cooler was making the table vibrate, so I bought a Hyper 212. Temps were acceptable with the stock cooler, my case simply lacked rubber feet so vibrations were transferred.

well, now that you're here, did you bend the pins back?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

well, now that you're here, did you bend the pins back?

yes, I got it back up and running :) it worked flawlessly at stock, but it wouldn't budge even to 4.1 GHz.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

1. Actually its the first step in my process to get it up as high as it can go. I've only started it. Just checking whats stable now.

2. My CPU has a Tj. Max of 70C and bluescreens around 72-75C.

3. Ok thanks but still trying to stay within a budget of around $120. I'll see what works. Thanks!

It could be blue screening because the overclock settings are not stable and not because its getting too hot.

Try using more or less voltage. Run your stability tests for a bit longer to find stability.

BigDay

I previously used a FX 8350 with a H100i, the cooler did a great job at keeping the CPU nice and cool, I never knew what temp it really was running at, in the bios and in HWMonitor, the chip claimed to be running at 21 degrees at idle, which I highly doubt. 

If you never saw any realistic looking temps then your 8350 would have been below 50~ degrees every time you checked. AMDs temp sensors are useless until they heat up.

AMD chips shutdown at ~67C

TRUST ME

lolno, I ran my 8320 at 4.8Ghz maintaining 85+ for the last two months I was using it. It is now basically in a LoL box at its stock speed now with no damage.

CPUs aren't as fragile as you have been lead to believe.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro