Budget convertible laptop for school and media consumption.

Majinferno

I've been looking for something below $400 that can function as both a tablet and light weight laptop. I know we have the surface line and other windows tablet, but the device needs to be able to run Linux. With this in mind, I've been looking for a convertible laptop as opposed to a tablet.

So far I've narrowed it down to the the Dell Inspiron 11. My other choice is just grabbing the Acer C720 and popping Linux in it,but that's kinda a last resort as it dosent have a sure way for support.

Inspiron 11:http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KMRGF3M/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1435870130&sr=8-6π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=Dell+xps+11&dpPl=1&dpID=41sFMpPIXwL&ref=plSrch

Is this the best choice? They run for $200 used and I think I can look past the bezel. However, I'm worried about the pentium bogging down. I think it'll fly on Linux if I can pop in an ssd.

My brother has the 13" version of the dell, and it's 100% baller. The screen is great, build quality is awesome, and battery life is good. It is a bit thick though, so don't expect it to be a super comfortable tablet. It's really nice device.

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

I have 11 inch inspiron, laptop is good, performs well, screen is responsive and ips. BUT the plastic scratches soooooo easily...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I have 11 inch inspiron, laptop is good, performs well, screen is responsive and ips. BUT the plastic scratches soooooo easily...

I'll probably be spraying the lid with black plasti dip or use a matte black skin. :P