After 14 years, I think i'm done with Newegg.

Arct1c0n

Yes we do have rights but we DO NOT have a right to return a working object (cooling down periods on distance selling not withstanding) .  

AIUI coil whine is considered undesirable but it is NOT a defect in manufacture.

Past history is no indicator of 'getting away with it' again.

It's a lot more grey than that.  Legally, in small court, it doesn't hinge on if the company says coil whine isn't a defect.  It's what a reasonable person(read consumer) thinks.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for a consumer to think high pitched buzzing is a defect.  Go listen to some 1khz test tones and say that doesn't get old real fast. (truthfully coil whine is more like a 3khz test tone, but for arguments sake)

Edit:  even then, if he's within his 7 or 14 day window, it doesn't matter, he should be able to return it for cash for no other reason than wanting to buy $650 worth of chicken nuggets

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

It's a lot more grey than that.  Legally, in small court, it doesn't hinge on if the company says coil whine isn't a defect.  It's what a reasonable person(read consumer) thinks.

I think it's perfectly acceptable for a consumer to think high pitched buzzing is a defect.  Go listen to some 1khz test tones and say that doesn't get old real fast. (truthfully coil whine is more like a 3khz test tone, but for arguments sake)

Edit:  even then, if he's within his 7 or 14 day window, it doesn't matter, he should be able to return it for cash for no other reason than wanting to buy $650 worth of chicken nuggets

The card doesn't have a 7-14 day return window. It is replaceable but not returnable.

If the reviews on Newegg say it has coil whine why risk it? Just cuz some reviewers got silent cards doesn't mean the card is whine free. You knew the terms of the purchase. You bought it. If you don't like the terms then don't buy it. Newegg has no legal obligation to refund the card.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

You really can't bash in newegg for FOLLOWING POLICY, regardless of what they have done in the past. Particularly some customer service phone employee who very well could lose their job over not following policy. You should've done more research to see if there was a common issue such as coil whine, of you did then good for you, next you should consider researching return policies. I've never had a bad experience, then again I never tried to get a refund on a non refundable item. Just my 2 cents.

Pellet Stove

Spoiler

CPU - I7 6700k l CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 l GPU - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Z l Mobo - MSI Gaming Pro Carbon l RAM - 16GB @ 2666 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 l PSU - Corsair RM850i l SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | HDD - Toshiba 2TB | Case - Cooler Master HAF XB EVO W/ LTT Noctua NF-F12s l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse - Azio Levetron GM2000 l KeyBoard - Corsair K95 RGB l

Hello Arct1c0n,

I am sorry to hear that your recent GPU is giving you issues. Please email us at wecare@Newegg_Support.com with your order number and we'd be happy to see what options are available.

-Rella (NeweggSupport)

Hello Arct1c0n,

I am sorry to hear that your recent GPU is giving you issues. Please email us at wecare@Newegg_Support.com with your order number and we'd be happy to see what options are available.

-Rella (NeweggSupport)

What do you have to say about the accusation that yall are selling used stuff as new?

I spoke with my third rep last night and explained the situation in full and that I was very much willing to buy another new GPU from Newegg as soon as the got the Strix 980 Ti model in and she changed my RMA for a full refund, so i'm very satisified and happy that I was able to come to an agreement with someone flexible at support.

I spoke with my third rep last night and explained the situation in full and that I was very much willing to buy another new GPU from Newegg as soon as the got the Strix 980 Ti model in and she changed my RMA for a full refund, so i'm very satisified and happy that I was able to come to an agreement with someone flexible at support.

And this type of discourse wasn't possible at the onset? Also, what's your opinion of Newegg now?

And this type of discourse wasn't possible at the onset?

I have no idea what you mean with those fancy words.

Amazingly, this answered my question.

Lol, did you by chance happen to write a review for the G1 980Ti on the NewEgg website about this issue? I think I saw someone with the exact same 14 year customer and being done with NewEgg complaint. :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I've never actually bought anything from Newegg. I keep buying from NCIX, and I've never had a problem with them (I am Canadian, so that might factor into why business runs so smoothly between me and them) 

After reading this, I think I'll stay away from Newegg.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Lol, did you by chance happen to write a review for the G1 980Ti on the NewEgg website about this issue? I think I saw someone with the exact same 14 year customer and being done with NewEgg complaint. :P

That was me

The good thing about newegg is no tax

Depends on where you live, and where the shipping center is. 

You just happen to be lucky. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Depends on where you live, and where the shipping center is.

You just happen to be lucky.

I used to live in a sate with no sales tax but now I live in state with highest sales tax so hence I preferred newegg vs amazon which charged it but after this.... It's not worth the money saved

I'm glad you posted this, I was thinking of starting to purchase my PC components from newegg.ca because they seem to have good prices and low shipping costs vs amazon.ca (I've had Prime for one month, but most things don't ship to my isolated town in the middle of nowhere) but this has me second guessing that decision.

I guess I'll stick with purchasing from my local Memory Express.

Bullshit. Other video card makers arn't not having such issues and if you looked at GIgabyte reviews on newegg for the 980 Ti I had, lots of people are having some problem with GPU. I generally consider that a factory/design "Defect"  in my book, so why should the consumer get shafted, especially after shelling out $700 for a high end peice of equipment?

He's right. I havent had a single store / brand refund a coil whining card, it does not affect the performance or the way the card works in any way, this is why it is not defect.

BTW: Gigabyte is NOT the only company to have coil whining. My 580 phantom had it, my 760 Twin FrozR had it, im lucky my 280x is the only card that doesnt have it.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Just my two paise here- 

It seems as though you started this topic solely to bad name NewEgg and to twist their hand into giving you a refund, despite it going against their policy. You knew that this wouldn't speak well on the forum and would tarnish their reputation, and based on how people jump on news bandwagons such as thread titles alone, you acted accordingly such that to save face/ prevent assumptions, NewEgg would have to give you a refund; despite the opinion of other members including myself believing that you, not NewEgg is in the wrong. 

While you did get what you wanted, I am rather dismayed at the outcome...

Newegg fucking blows now. I use my mom's amazon prime and get shit shipped in 1-2 days for fucking free. No newegg ship saver bullshit either.

Edit: I mean it's at my door in 1-2 days lol.

Fuck,... you could pay an extra 4.99$ and get overnight express too if you really want that item... way fucking cheaper than newegg's shitty shipping prices

AM I the only one that always checks the cheapest way to get smth. and not stay at one company?

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

He's asking why you didn't try this sooner.

Well, last night was a real indicator that the newegg I once loved and used so much when I first started building my computers back in spring of 2001 has long since died and gone away to the spirtual business world. 

I've spent tens of thousands of dollars with Newegg over the past 14 years on my computer builds and the few issues i've had with bad parts, i've been able to talk with the customer support reps and they almost were alwasy willing to give me refunds on damaged equipment via shipping or factory faults. They even have given me return shipping labels and refunded me shipping costs in the past, it was awesome how flexible and understanding they USED to be.

Flash forward to my latest order, my Gigabyte G1 980Ti that had coil whine issues out of the box and I explained to the rep that a lot of people are having this issue on this model and I don't feel like playing the exchange game with trying to get a better one, I wanted my money back. Below is a CLIFF NOTES version of the 1.5 hour long chat with my second Newegg rep after the first one wouldn't play ball. 

"Nope sorrry, the item is non refundable, its exchange only"

"I understand that but its faulty from the factory and I don't want an exchange, I want my money back. I don't wanna RMA the card and get stuck with a worser one possibly"

"I understand you concerns but there is nothing I can do, we can overnight you a new Gigabyte"

"I don't want that, I just told you, I want a refund. I have been a loyal customer and have spends thousands with you guys over the years which you can look from my account"

"yes, I do see that, thanks for your continued business, we appreciate it greatly. We would be happy to do a cross exchange exception for a new Gigabyte GPU"

"Maam, I DO NOT want another video card of the same model, i've said this twice."

"I am sorry to hear that, let me put you on hold..."  *ten minutes go by

"Because we would be stuck with a useless item in this case, we cannot give you a refund as stated in our policy for these items, I cannot make exception"

"Maam, i've had plenty of reps over the years work with me in getting refunds or different exchanges, why is this so hard right now"

''I can't say sir, I am not them and this is our company policy"

"Do I need to get my credit card company involved in this? I"m sure VISA would be willing to make changes after discussing this with you"

"One moment please....."   *another 10 inish minutes go by*

"Sir, because of your long standing account with us, we will make a very rare exception and give you store credit. Newegg store gift cards don't expire and you can buy whatever you wish"

"That is NOT what I asked for and there is no reason for me, the customer to be stuck with a faulty product or not being able to get my money back for a factory defective item"

'As I said sir, we eat the loss on this situation for this type of item, we can make adjustments as my manager said to give you store credit only this one time. If the item was unopened and unused, that would be different and we possibly could do a refund RMA"

Needless to say, I was not able to politely request my money back for my faulty Gigabyte GPU and the idea of bringing VISA into this situation made me wonder if the legal trouble that could come about as a result.   So I am EXTREMELY unhappy right now with "newer" Newegg in being able to work with me as a long time customer and it looks as if I will just eat the sales tax cost and build my machines with Amazon or possibly B&H photo and TigerDirect etailers in the future as I am beyond disgusted with what occurred last night with what remains of what once was, the god of online computer merchants.

All I see in this post is waaaaa I don't want it waaaaa. Your card is not faulty, it has a fault which is not covered by Gigabytes return policy ergo Gigabyte won't accept it back as faulty so you instead expect New Egg to swallow up the cost of you suffering from buyers remorse and refund you leaving them with an open item. Grow up dude.

a4461170-242-Dummy%20Spit%20award.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Is coil whine actually considered as a reason for a faulty/damaged product or a product with a fault or problem itself?

AM I the only one that always checks the cheapest way to get smth. and not stay at one company?

You mean like multiple accounts? Amazong / Newegg / NCIX / etc? Then just buy the cheapest you can find from them? If so, no i do that too lol :D

But, been buying mostly everything from Prime now.. the shipping is just so fast, shit literally get's to my house in less than 1-2 days. (Prime Member) And I live really far away from the warehouse, like 2 states lol

But, been buying mostly everything from Prime now.. the shipping is just so fast, shit literally get's to my house in less than 1-2 days. (Prime Member) And I live really far away from the warehouse, like 2 states lol

Sorry about the hilack but I just have to say there is NO POINT in me getting a prime account the Amazon distribution centre is less than twenty miles from here. Most stuff comes next day or possibly the day after anyway

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Sorry about the hilack but I just have to say there is NO POINT in me getting a prime account the Amazon distribution centre is less than twenty miles from here. Most stuff comes next day or possibly the day after anyway

You're lucky as hell then, lol :D I guess we just use it because we live far from the distribution/warehouse centre.