After 14 years, I think i'm done with Newegg.

Arct1c0n

Bullshit. Other video card makers arn't not having such issues and if you looked at GIgabyte reviews, lots of people are having some problem with GPU. I generally consider that a factory/design "Defect"  in my book. 

Excuse me? I've had coil whine on my own graphics card before, and that's an Asus DCU II. Tons of different cards have had it in the past and it's not a discriminate effect. It's just something that happens sometimes when your card is under load. The only thing it does is annoy people. And if you think what I said about it not being considered RMA-able or refundable by manufacturers is a load of crap, then watch this video.

Know your stuff before you just go ahead and write something off as bullshit. What you define as defective is completely irrelevant unless it fits into the retailer/manufacturer's definition as well. That's how you get an RMA in any case to begin with. Be grateful that they offered you store credit.

So call visa and issue a chargeback. As far as I would be concerned they're refusing to give your money back for a defective product. I'm sure visa will agree. If newegg doesn't like it they can nick off.

It's funny how many people are sucking the business schlong here. And I don't mean haha. We consumers have rights. It's disturbing so many of you are willing to toss them out the window because "company policy".

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

So call visa and issue a chargeback. As far as I would be concerned they're refusing to give your money back for a defective product. I'm sure visa will agree. If newegg doesn't like it they can nick off.

I'm tempted again to consider that

Excuse me? I've had coil whine on my own graphics card before, and that's an Asus DCU II. Tons of different cards have had it in the past and it's not a discriminate effect. It's just something that happens sometimes when your card is under load. The only thing it does is annoy people. And if you think what I said about it not being considered RMA-able or refundable by manufacturers is a load of crap, then watch this video.

Know your stuff before you just go ahead and write something off as bullshit. What you define as defective is completely irrelevant unless it fits into the retailer/manufacturer's definition as well. That's how you get an RMA in any case to begin with. Be grateful that they offered you store credit.

After having many GPUs with NO COIL whine over the years from different makers, I disagree with your viewpoint utterly. 

I can't be the only person who thinks this is just whining. So you knew the the card has issues with coil whine, you knew it is a non refundable item yet you still bought it and still wanted a refund when you got it. I don't see how newegg is at fault when they even bent the rules enough to get you store credit for whatever you could want. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

So far I've had a good experience with Newegg. I've read about this happening with certain products. Sorry :(

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

I can't be the only person who thinks this is just whining. So you knew the the card has issues with coil whine, you knew it is a non refundable item yet you still bought it and still wanted a refund when you got it. I don't see how newegg is at fault when they even bent the rules enough to get you store credit for whatever you could want.

Defective items are always refundable. Consumer protection laws supersede company policy.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Because some users were able to get good cards with no coil whine and the reviews on it were good so I gave it a chance and I was unlucky and unhappy. So sorry other peoples opinions on life situations make you upset, but thats life

After having many GPUs with NO COIL whine over the years from different makers, I disagree with your viewpoint utterly. 

yeah, well, most don't. Some do. That's just what happens with power delivery systems from time to time. There's nothing you can really do to stop or prevent it, as a lot of times it is purely circumstantial. You can disagree with me all you want. The retailer is not going to accept a graphics card that does nothing out of order except making a noise, and I've never heard of a warranty that lists coil whine as grounds for an RMA.

I've never heard of a warranty that lists coil whine as grounds for an RMA.

You clearly don't read peoples reviews on video cards on newegg. Happens, ALL, THE, TIME

You clearly don't read peoples reviews on video cards on newegg. Happens, ALL, THE, TIME

Yeah it happens but I guess you just got unlucky with the card Newegg sent you.

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG:

Flaw = defective in my book and many other peoples. I don't accept products with "flaws" for this kind of money

Does the fine print say it's considered a flaw that's on the grounds for a RMA?

Frankly they don't give a shit about what your definition of a defect is, it just doesn't work that way. Its what they define a defect as that's important here, Newegg was being quite reasonable in options provided in my book.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm with some of the other members- this is whining, and I'm rather surprised you managed to get store credit for it.

Coil whine is a matter of chance, and is mostly caused due to a power delivery issue in the GPU due to the way it interacts with a certain PSU. Most of the times, a RMA or a new piece would fix that, and that is the traditional way most companies handle it. 

Before even trying a replacement, you wanted your money back, despite the product being non-refundable. 

I'm sorry but I don't support you in this case.

I share the opinion of a few other posters on this thread. After reading the OP's exchange with the customer service rep I have very little sympathy.

In fact, all things point to New Egg going above and beyond for the OP in the past and now just taking it for granted. After shopping with retailer for over a decade, I would like to see another retailer who can match/exceed the customer's expectations.

Should've just cut your losses and got the credit

GAMING RIG:

VR RIG:

Defective items are always refundable. Consumer protection laws supersede company policy.

It's not defective though.

Because some users were able to get good cards with no coil whine and the reviews on it were good so I gave it a chance and I was unlucky and unhappy. So sorry other peoples opinions on life situations make you upset, but thats life

You could make the same arguement for overclocking. Are you going to get upset because your card can't overclock worth crap then demand a refund? Does the card no do everything it was promised to? Is it missing specs listed on the box or is it not getting the performance it's advertised for? Coil whine does suck and nobody should have to deal with it but it's not newegg's fault that the card is a bit too noisy for your liking. Unless it was guaranteed not to have coil whine (as there are a ton of cards that do have it) newegg is still in the right to deny you a refund. I mean it would be nice if they did anyways but that does not make them wrong.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I live in Chile so Newegg is not a possibility to me, but i can say that i have been an amazon customer for about 10 years, and while the statement of newegg being much worst than before is something i can't give an opinion about, i can say that amazon, specially for international customers has gotten SO MUCH BETTER, used to have to pay 30-50 bucks on shipping (small items btw) and wait a month if i got lucky, some stuff i waited over 2 months. Now, i pay a decent shipping fee, amazon takes care of customs with a refundable fee in case its not needed and i get things 7-11 days, actually tends to be less. And costumer service is crazy good, once i asked what was the status of my package cause it stopped being shown, they inmediatly gave me a refund on shipping, and the package arrived in time anyway! To me it makes sense they are the biggest online retailer in the western world. And i know they are assholes to publishers...but its a company, they have to be a little evil...

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

It's not defective though.

You could make the same arguement for overclocking. Are you going to get upset because your card can't overclock worth crap then demand a refund? Does the card no do everything it was promised to? Is it missing specs listed on the box or is it not getting the performance it's advertised for? Coil whine does suck and nobody should have to deal with it but it's not newegg's fault that the card is a bit too noisy for your liking. Unless it was guaranteed not to have coil whine (as there are a ton of cards that do have it) newegg is still in the right to deny you a refund. I mean it would be nice if they did anyways but that does not make them wrong.

I would totally agree with you if the person at customer service hadn't given the argument "Because we would be stuck with a useless item in this case, we cannot give you a refund'' 

While i am not saying they should refund GPUs over coil whine, since as far as i know that has never been standard practice, the argument they gave is, unbelivably stupid since they acknowledge the product is useless, and it's not an argument for not giving a refund. I would have taken the store credit tho, many places would give you the middle finger if you complain over coil whine, and he could get a card that has a better rep when it comes to that.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

The good thing about newegg is no tax

If you're that cheap then stay with newegg and deal with their bullshit. 

Just tell them you have a hearing aid and the screeching is unbearable. Coil whine is right in unbearable range.

We consumers have rights. It's disturbing so many of you are willing to toss them out the window because "company policy".

Yes we do have rights but we DO NOT have a right to return a working object (cooling down periods on distance selling not withstanding) .  

AIUI coil whine is considered undesirable but it is NOT a defect in manufacture.

Past history is no indicator of 'getting away with it' again.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

A chargeback in this situation would be fraud.  Plain and simple.  The card you have works as advertised.   They offered to replace it with overnight shipping.   Pretty generous offer in my book.  You seem upset because they won't break their policy for you.  And I find that a little ridiculous.   I have had issues with Amazon and NewEgg orders in the past.   All have been resolved satisfactory.   But then again I understand business and know that not only is the customer not always right.  But they are usually flat out wrong.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.