Would this cooling solution work at all?

WereCat

Hi, I was wondering if this cooling solution could work at all.

Mount 240mm or 280mm radiator on the front of the case but it wont be cooling CPU or GPU directly. The radiator would be connected to external loop that would work like air conditioning or something like that and it would make the radiator really cold.

Then you would mount fans as a intakes on that radiator making the ambient warm air pass trough the cold radiator which would cool the air and blow it inside the case. There would be air cooler mounted on the CPU that would be using the cold air that is now under the ambient temperature.

I wonder if this could actualy work and if yes how effective that would really be assuming that ambient temperature is 35*C therefore if you watercool you cant really get lower than 35*C in your system but doing this depending on how quickly the air could be cooled down you could have actualy around only 25*C air in your system resulting in better cooling. Or would there be a condenzation problem? Maybe radiator cracking?

condenstion issues.. too risky but with the right cautions it would potentially work i believe !

condenstion issues.. too risky but with the right cautions it would potentially work i believe !

I was thinking about it for a while but since I never heard about anyone ever do this I assumed it may not work or it may work but it is not done because it is not very practical or effective.

To use air for energy transportation between the radiators is extremly inefficient.

But you can use a heat exchange to couple the PC cooling loop to th me cold loop. But if possible you should rub the cold loop through the system directly. But take care of condensation.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil