DVD install?

berserker
Go to solution Solved by mbuckingham24,

Don't just burn the ISO file directly to the disc.  You must burn the image to the disc.  In Windows 8+ you can right click the ISO file and the option is there.  For other versions of Windows and other OSs you must find a utility to do this.

The Windows ISO is an image of an actual installation DVD and is intended to be burnt to a DVD.  So, your previous method of putting it on the USB stick is actually more complicated.

ok i want to install asap the newest version of win 10 insider but my 4 GB drive wont accept the 3,7 GB file as it's too small... i have a dvd here, can u tell me what to do to make a bootable disk using it ?

I have only used a pen drive before  to install ubuntu or windows so to me it's a completely new land :D

You burn it, I know if you're using windows 8 there's a built in way. If not there's a lot of software out there. ImgBurn is good

You burn it, I know if you're using windows 8 there's a built in way. If not there's a lot of software out there. ImgBurn is good

ok, the fact that it's a dvd doesn't make any issues tho right?

ok, the fact that it's a dvd doesn't make any issues tho right?

Shouldn't do. As long as you have enough space on the DVD it will work, may be a bit slower than installing from USB but works just the same :) 

Don't just burn the ISO file directly to the disc.  You must burn the image to the disc.  In Windows 8+ you can right click the ISO file and the option is there.  For other versions of Windows and other OSs you must find a utility to do this.

The Windows ISO is an image of an actual installation DVD and is intended to be burnt to a DVD.  So, your previous method of putting it on the USB stick is actually more complicated.