Where to buy smal high-end displays like the once used in smartphones

Stefan1024

I'd like to buy a 4.3 - 4.7 inch high end LCD / (AM)OLED display like the once used in smartphones. Sadly I can only find crappy 380x270 TFT displays.

Size: 4.3 to 4.7 inch

Resolution: ~1280x720

Do you know a distributor?

The price is irrelevant.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Buy a 4k monitor and just use a shrink ray

/s

Search by the phone name. Try AliExpress.

Yes i saw tgem, but they are only resellers and don't garantie stock for a long time. Did like to grab them directly form the "source".

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I'd like to buy a 4.3 - 4.7 inch high end LCD / (AM)OLED display like the once used in smartphones. Sadly I can only find crappy 380x270 TFT displays.

Size: 4.3 to 4.7 inch

Resolution: ~1280x720

Do you know a distributor?

The price is irrelevant.

You could buy a smartphone display replacement and hook up (or purchase if one exists) and interface adapter so you can connect via HDMI or something

Otherwise almost nobody makes them, at least not ones that are not insanely priced

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You could buy a smartphone display replacement and hook up (or purchase if one exists) and interface adapter so you can connect via HDMI or something

Otherwise almost nobody makes them, at least not ones that are not insanely priced

I can provide a parallel interface from an micro controller. The problem with the "screen repacement" is, that there is no datasheet or documentation. The inly information is: To be used in phone XY

Up to 300$ is acceptable

Thousands of these screens get's sold everyday. But there isn't a market for it. :huh:

Funny.

I'm almost sure they get sold in bulk, not in small quantities. That's why the average consumer has no idea about these things.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I'm almost sure they get sold in bulk, not in small quantities. That's why the average consumer has no idea about these things.

In the end I will need a few boxes full of displays.

The bad thing they are not even listed. Sharp for example lists some displays on the web (http://www.sharpsma.com/) but I'm sure they make also better once.