Project: I AM IRON MAN

diluzio91

So It's time for my annual build. I actually got started a couple of weeks ago, but now that I have enough content it's time to post. 

The theme of this build is Iron man as you can guess. Here we can see victim. 

zvewrHf.jpg

This build will be based on the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv MAtx build for 2 reasons. Reason one, the Full ATX version of the case is huge, and this case will have to come with me when I travel. Reason 2 is the Mini ITX version of the case is made out of Steel.

First Step is to strip all that sweet sweet aluminium off the case. The easy panels came off first. 

MaZlC8m.jpg

Now the Feet, You have to remove the rubber as well. 

cwBY22h.jpg

Hinges and window removed

OxzFRsk.jpg

Hinges and buttons removed

b5zk2GZ.jpg

Finally got the last 2 panels stripped down as well. The whole case is just covered in this super solid Aluminium. 

36SodF4.jpg

Packages started arriving soon after. Corsair 850i Platinum fully modular power supply. Gotta love Dat Power. 

o3XuEHe.jpg

Mounted... Reservoir has come to play as well!

KjMIsOK.jpg

I skipped a few steps for this, but I added 2 bulkheads to the case that will pass through liquid to the pump, which will be mounted below the floor of the case. 

XiQnkZ3.jpg

Test fitting the radiators... I don't have the final fans at this point, but I want to keep working. I love the look of the cherry red rads with the gold fittings... because you know... Iron Man... 

XZfiejR.jpg

Pass through and a sneak peek of the plexi floor that's roughed out... 

1KjP6ZL.jpg

Better view of the rough floor. Time to round it out.

lZVmMwj.jpg

A little blurry, but it's too late to go back and re-take it.

ovpU8BN.jpg

This fricking bend took 4 pieces of tubing, my wife's assistance, slightly burnt fingers, and a pair of vicegrips to get in place... Totally worth it. 

OcLsJuA.jpg

Slightly blurry shot of the front fans... EK Vardar fans will be on all 4 slots controlled by a PWM header on the motherboard. 

jB7PD4V.jpg

And an even blurrier shot of the top rad. (I need to stop working late into the night if I'm going to take photos)

VCrkGxW.jpg

Testing Pump location. Looks like it's going to fit. I just need to get some new parts and do something about that cable... 

bcasmSP.jpg

Pump disassembled for parts that are in the mail... 

TMLO7Rr.jpg

So future plans... All that Aluminium was stripped off for a reason. It's all off at the Anodizer's place. When it comes back it's going to be a very different color. I have new parts for the pump coming, scheduled to arrive today, as well as a few more parts. This whole build will be liquid cooled, and will be running on Skylake with a 980Ti. 

Thanks for checking it out and I love to hear comments.

That case tho <3

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

Hopefully it's gonna look as good as this one turned out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/332598-project-iron-man-parvum/page-4

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

So you have got this far but you have no cpu to put in it yet as you are waiting for skylake?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

So It's time for my annual build. I actually got started a couple of weeks ago, but now that I have enough content it's time to post. 

Hey bud, really nice, I found this which could interest you if you have not seen it.

Another IronMan build from an Aussie in a Parvum case, maybe it could inspire you to do something a different way if something doesnt work, or you just may be curious.. @DanWoodsPcMods

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/332598-project-iron-man-parvum/page-4

/Following this build.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So you have got this far but you have no cpu to put in it yet as you are waiting for skylake?

That's correct. I'm Playing the long con with this build since I'm Not in any hurry to replace my current rig (3770K + 780Ti) and want to take the time to do it right. 

Hopefully it's gonna look as good as this one turned out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/332598-project-iron-man-parvum/page-4

I hope so too. I'm doing some different design choices than he is though. Hang in there and find out. 

Just a short update today. I got the bottom plumbing done along with installing the new parts for the pump. I elected to use soft tubing to make maintenance easier as I can remove the pump with much less hassle than I could with hard tubes. 

View from the side

3BQYP6w.jpg

View from the front.

2H3SofN.jpg

The soft tubing won't be seen since the new floor of the case will be opaque. 

Speaking of the new floor of the case. It's coming along nicely. 

I keyed the plexi so the paint would stick nicely

OTmHDlx.jpg

I then started applying the base color for the floor. You'll see where I'm going with this soon... but for now I'll leave you an in progress shot. 

3DCoqpN.jpg

Hey bud, really nice, I found this which could interest you if you have not seen it.

Another IronMan build from an Aussie in a Parvum case, maybe it could inspire you to do something a different way if something doesnt work, or you just may be curious.. @DanWoodsPcMods

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/332598-project-iron-man-parvum/page-4

/Following this build.

Thanks for the link to my build.

Iron Man themes are hard to do, have you got an idea for cables or coolet yet

Thanks for the link to my build.

Iron Man themes are hard to do, have you got an idea for cables or coolet yet

I have the cooling all figured out, I'm still working on getting someone to make me custom length cables for this build. 

Can I ask how you cut your plexi? I need to do a similar 'L' shape for my build but I have only used the scoring method which wouldn't let me cut that shape. Your edges also look really clean, I'm very impressed if that was cut by hand and not a laser. Looking like I may have to laser cut mine unless I can figure out a better way. Also cool colour theme and tubing. (I was hoping for an ozzy themed build when I clicked the link, lol)

Can I ask how you cut your plexi? I need to do a similar 'L' shape for my build but I have only used the scoring method which wouldn't let me cut that shape. Your edges also look really clean, I'm very impressed if that was cut by hand and not a laser. Looking like I may have to laser cut mine unless I can figure out a better way. Also cool colour theme and tubing. (I was hoping for an ozzy themed build when I clicked the link, lol)

I did scoring for all the edges, for the L I marked a straight line with a sharpie, cut it by hand with a saw, then scored the longer part to snap it off. I then took a flat file and filed the hand cut part to be flat. 

I did scoring for all the edges, for the L I marked a straight line with a sharpie, cut it by hand with a saw, then scored the longer part to snap it off. I then took a flat file and filed the hand cut part to be flat. 

Ok thanks. Looks great, can't wait to see it finished.

Just got these pics from the Anodizing place... Can't wait to pick the parts up Saturday!

mpymyDW.jpg

bgrRqsC.jpg

wow, that anodized red looks smexy as ****!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Got some more work done today!

First off the replacement pump came in

Stripped down and ready to have the wires replaced. 

zgWenQj.jpg

New wires soldered on, pump is alive!!

3WXCkAr.jpg

Also got this guy... Time for some custom decals/masking!

JyLblOq.jpg

Masking for the next coat of paint on the floor is done... Waiting another 24 hours before I can paint again. 

3ka2hV1.jpg

Sorry corsair... I love you guys, but this is an iron man build... and you're not very Iron man-ey...

ykp4Wwp.jpg

Cutting time... It's fascinating to watch this thing work... 

0FGeVJB.jpg

And here's the final result... 

9aZNqwX.jpg

Going to do a coat of paint for the floor tomorrow... Can't wait to get my panels back to see how it's all coming together. 

Took a peek inside of my high end spray booth this morning (Popcorn box)

The color turned out good, but I really hate working with gloss paints... 

slyFpRi.jpg

Holy shit this is looking awesome!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

A wild package appeared!!

P3Qg7hX.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWW YISSSSSSS

pujpQVM.jpg

Panel shots!!

Oamp3ck.jpg

tNilRzD.jpg

Yb24SNo.jpg

uvyvmFj.jpg

21eQZDq.jpg

Lets get these puppies on the machine!!

Z6JzRVB.jpg

MMM.... I'm liking this.. .

HMILiYX.jpg

Lets move this outside... 

CVbsqx2.jpg

Booty shots!

pHYPx92.jpg

6lhtyDC.jpg

Side panel where the big artwork is going. 

jZQb2Dk.jpg

Our lawn is horrible at our apartment complex...

057Cubz.jpg

Artsy Shot

eNW0aJy.jpg

Loving the hinged doors

CzE7gEO.jpg

Show off the fans too...

ZQ0yKZD.jpg

So I'm not sure how I feel about the case red next to the painted parts inside... I'll give it a couple days before I decide... I like the contrast because the inside of the case really pops.... I'll just wait until I get the machining done for the larger window and the graphics done... then I'll make my decision... 

As always... Gimmie some feedback!!

The black bits don't belong and should be gold. I would have done the case gold and the black bits red.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

looks pretty slick

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The black bits don't belong and should be gold. I would have done the case gold and the black bits red.

There's more gold coming. the black being gold would detract from the finished product. 

@Obese Walrus, Thanks M8, although I don't see @Slick in here at all :D

this looks intensely awesome! what parts are going to grace this rig?

Current Rig

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0ghz MOBO: MSI Z87m-G45 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120v GPU: MSI R9 270x PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Case: Corsair Air 240 (modded) SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb HDD: Samsung 1tb Apple Hard Drive Mouse: Razer Naga 2014