Cheapest Way To Build A Video Editing Computer That Will Be Faster Then My Gaming Computer

Hi Guys, 

I was just looking for ideas about what i could do about a Video Editing Computer, I Started a Youtube Channel and making gaming videos which is alot of fun, but my computer takes about a hour to render the videos after recording them with Bandicam Software, recording at 30fps and 1080,  which is about minute for minute there about 50min videos, i think thats a ok speed but not sure its if really that  good or bad ? Im also using Sony Studio Platinum 13 for the rendering, im not sure better software would improve the speed or am i wrong and should i invest in better software ?. Still learning alot about it all so any help would be awesome.

My main question is, Can i build a quicker video editing computer to just run the editing software on, while i using my gaming computer for what it was built for, buying less expensive parts ( but still using good quality well known brands, just not the latest most expensive models of them ) , or would i need to buy better stuff then i already own, or is there something i can swap out to improve my rendering speeds and not affect my gaming quality, Clearly im no expert on this so some help and advice would be awesome. When running the Rendering software the Cpu maxs out at 100 % which is fine, i dont know if it help work out speeds but running though cinebench the current speeds are Cpu is 1132 and openGL is 127.61 to get an idea, basically i just dont want to have to spends $1000s on upgrading my current computer to improve it by 5min when i could get something specialized thats just as good or better for less then upgrading, that i could just have running at the same time.  

Currently im running,

Intel I7-5930k overclocked to 3.85ghz, anymore and it becomes unstable, temps stay low but programs crash, dont have the best idea how to get the most out of it.

samsung 16gb quad channel DDR4  at 2133MHz 

Duel Nvidia GTX970 in SLI

I use a Samsung 850 Pro SSD for the recording and editing then transphere them to the HDD Later so dont think thats bottle necking the system could be wrong though.

I have Cpu water cooling ect so temps never get high and the fans never come on more then 20% for the system apart from the Gpu fans 

Thanks for any help or advice you guys have.

James

Without spending an insane amount you will not get a faster PC than what you have

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The only part faster than that without getting into enterprise equipment is the 5960X. Not sure you want to go down that road.

Your "Gaming" PC is likely far better at video editing than it is at gaming.

Hold on, you're using software to overclock your processor? You're not using the motherboard to do it?

The only part faster than that without getting into enterprise equipment is the 5960X. Not sure you want to go down that road.

Your "Gaming" PC is likely far better at video editing than it is at gaming.

Hold on, you're using software to overclock your processor? You're not using the motherboard to do it?

Sorry bad choice of word there ill edit the software to overclock part thanks, 

The 5930k is a very good cpu for video editing. And when it takes an hour to render a 50 min video at 1080p, that a normally time. If you really want a faster computer for editing for cheaper you you have to get a used dual lga 1366 rig/server. 

A zeon? and a quadro?

wait..... you said cheap.... whoops.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

An X99 cpu is optimal for the work you describe.

Do you have GPU acceleration enabled in rendering jobs? Does the codec you are using to render support GPU acceleration?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

An X99 cpu is optimal for the work you describe.

Do you have GPU acceleration enabled in rendering jobs? Does the codec you are using to render support GPU acceleration?

Cuda is enabled for the rendering, but its only using 20% of one of the GTX970s should i be expecting higher usage?, im starting to think maybe some differernt software might be worth a try it seems like the best way that i might be able to get some performance increases, someone did recommend adobe CS6. How ever the Cpu is running at 100% so unless the different software is just quicker at the process, the only way to increase the speed would be to get higher gpu usage isnt it ?. I know my system is good for what i wanted to do, and im in no ways complaining.  I just wanted to see if people had any advice on what i could do to improve things, its always interesting to hear peoples ideas and suggestions, thanks everyone for your comments 

Money lots and lots of money.

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

Steam: pizzatime6 Plus two other pc rigs and a craptop.

There won't be any video editing systems that will be cheaper and faster than your current gaming computer. Your current build is mostly for editing as rendering programs benefits from the extra cores the X99 provides. Try other programs that, might work better with the specs that you got.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Cuda is enabled for the rendering, but its only using 20% of one of the GTX970s should i be expecting higher usage?, im starting to think maybe some differernt software might be worth a try it seems like the best way that i might be able to get some performance increases, someone did recommend adobe CS6. How ever the Cpu is running at 100% so unless the different software is just quicker at the process, the only way to increase the speed would be to get higher gpu usage isnt it ?. I know my system is good for what i wanted to do, and im in no ways complaining.  I just wanted to see if people had any advice on what i could do to improve things, its always interesting to hear peoples ideas and suggestions, thanks everyone for your comments 

The codec used for rendering makes a big difference. If offered the choice, select OpenCL for acceleration.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• 4 weeks later...