Palit 980 Ti Jetstream

ryyo96

Hi everyone.

I've been given the change to get the Palit 980ti Jetstream non reference card for my build.

What's the card like? How powerful is it? How quiet is it?

Is it worth the money? Better than EVGA and MSI cards?

Thanks.

Theres certainly much better brands than Palit.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

you can't got wrong with any 980ti really, reference or non reference you're going to see similar performance from all at stock.

the higher priced ones just tend to be hand picked better overclockable cards.

I think palit just get stick as they're cheaper cards bought by people on a budget who then compare them to a better brand.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Hi everyone.

I've been given the change to get the Palit 980ti Jetstream non reference card for my build.

What's the card like? How powerful is it? How quiet is it?

Is it worth the money? Better than EVGA and MSI cards?

Thanks.

Its a notch lower than EVGA and Msi. But not something to laugh at...

I'm guessing they're the Jetstream cards?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I have Gainward card in my system (Gainward is owned by Palit, and produce more or less the same stuff), and I am extremely satisfied with it!
I don't think they're great for OC'ing, but they're excellent nonetheless.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

I have dual 970 jetstreams, good cards overclocked well, the fans are quiet to point.... bu thats the 970 not the 980ti

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

I have dual 970 jetstreams, good cards overclocked well, the fans are quiet to point.... bu thats the 970 not the 980ti

The fans are quiet to point? So the fans are noisy under load?

Yes it is the Jetstream card. The boost clock goes over 1200MHz so I'll give the Palit card a try.

My 960 super jetstream makes noticeable noise after long game sessions

Using Tapatalk

Theres certainly much better brands than Palit.

you can't got wrong with any 980ti really, reference or non reference you're going to see similar performance from all at stock.

the higher priced ones just tend to be hand picked better overclockable cards.

I think palit just get stick as they're cheaper cards bought by people on a budget who then compare them to a better brand.

I have Gainward card in my system (Gainward is owned by Palit, and produce more or less the same stuff), and I am extremely satisfied with it!

I don't think they're great for OC'ing, but they're excellent nonetheless.

Palit is crap.

My 960 super jetstream makes noticeable noise after long game sessions

Thanks everyone.

Think I'll go for the EVGA 980 Ti SC to be safe.

The fans are quiet to point? So the fans are noisy under load?

no, in sli when overclocked I had to set the fans at 70%, when not overclocked and around 60% they were nice and quiet.

Didn't explain very well, they seem to all of a sudden get twice as loud once you go over a certain speed threshold

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

Think I'll go for the EVGA 980 Ti SC to be safe.

Yeah either that or the Gigabyte one is the safest bet.

If you will be overclocking it at all the gigabyte one is probably better, also not sure about the LED on the EVGA but the gigabyte one has semi-RGB so you can choose the colour of the Windforce logo which is a nice little feature if you dont want to re-solder anything :P

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Did some tests, it's my cpu getting noisy. Gpu cooler is at 30%-35$ usually

Using Tapatalk