Is it worth getting new fans?

It's really hot here right now and I'm thinking about upgrading my fans. Are the Fractal Design Venturi fans good?

The Netherlands is now a tropical rainforest indeed.

And no, the corsair fans are pretty lackluster. Since you're in the Netherlands you can consider Be Quiet! fans, since you don't need to deal with imported pricing.

It's really hot here right now and I'm thinking about upgrading my fans. Are the Fractal Design Venturi fans good?

it's indeed very hot in NL (29 degrees C in my room  :unsure:  :wacko: ).

the fans: you can get some cheaper one if you like, that will do the job

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

And no, the corsair fans are pretty lackluster. Since you're in the Netherlands you can consider Be Quiet! fans, since you don't need to deal with imported pricing.

Are Be Quiet! fans worth the money?

i have two corsair sp120s and one af120 in my haf xb evo (the af is exhaust) and the fans are much quieter than the xtra flow fans that where there when i bougth the case. if your stock fans are noisy i would replace them)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

it's indeed very hot in NL (29 degrees C in my room  :unsure:  :wacko: ).

the fans: you can get some cheaper one if you like, that will do the job

*oneS

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

Are Be Quiet! fans worth the money?

There are some fans that move more air, but they're also noisy at low rpm. It all depends what your preferences are. 

You have to define what you look for in a fan.

You have to define what you look for in a fan.

Silence and good airflow.

maybe a tip for you go to alternate.nl and then go to hardware; koeling; behuizing. there you can see how much air it moves and the amount of decibels i produces (you can also buy from this site)

maybe a tip for you go to alternate.nl and then go to hardware; koeling; behuizing. there you can see how much air it moves and the amount of decibels IT produces (you can also buy from this site)

Define silence, because with airflow comes noise. Even noctua fans can't mask the white-noise type audible sound that originates from moving air.

So define silence a bit better. Is it a low noise-output during idle? Like when you're just browsing, it doesn't make a heap of noise? Or do you not care about ambient noise and just don't like a jetengine sitting next to you during gaming.

Define silence, because with airflow comes noise. Even noctua fans can't mask the white-noise type audible sound that originates from moving air.

So define silence a bit better. Is it a low noise-output during idle? Like when you're just browsing, it doesn't make a heap of noise? Or do you not care about ambient noise and just don't like a jetengine sitting next to you during gaming.

I want something that moves a lot of air without making a ton of noise.

I want something that moves a lot of air without making a ton of noise.

Moving a lot of air, creates noise. So what is your threshold. Do you think your current 1200rpm fans are noisy?

Moving a lot of air, creates noise. So what is your threshold. Do you think your current 1200rpm fans are noisy?

At full speed, yes. Way too loud.

Why do you consider Corsair's fans to be lackluster? I got 2 of those quiet High Pressure optimized fans for my CPU on Pull configuration only and my CPU temp never goes any higher than 60C in full load with 25C ambiant temp. 

Why do you consider Corsair's fans to be lackluster? I got 2 of those quiet High Pressure optimized fans for my CPU on Pull configuration only and my CPU temp never goes any higher than 60C in full load with 25C ambiant temp. 

Why do you consider an N=2 anectdotal argument compelling? 

They're poorly built for their price. 19 euro's for a rifle-bearing 2pole motor and shoddy turbulence supression? Yeah..no. Might aswell go for noctua nf-f12 or be quiet silent wing 2-3 for those prices. NF-F12 gets you way more stuff aswell. Like rubber mounts, a PWM y-splitter, low-noise adapter, extension cables... And everything is sleeved. Next to the SSO2 bearing, extremely low idle speed (300 rpm, PWM only), 6 year warranty and excellent turbulence supression due to the stepped inlet and fan design.

Talk about value for money, and the SP120's are out of the game.