Monitor VS Monitor

Hi !

i have some money saved up from the last years and because i already own a good gaming pc i wanted to upgrade something and ended up upgrading my monitor.

so i have looked around and i am at the point where i can't decide, they there VERY similair but different so its the LG 29um67-p vs 34um67-p.

so now here my question is it worth it to save up for the extra 5 inches or is then PPI to low ?

also in the video of linus where he reviewed this monitor he says that it is 75 HZ but at the stores where i look it just says 60hz so am i missing something ?

and what monitor do you guys recommend (can also be a other monitor) 

(i am upgrading from a Samsung Syncmaster B2230HD which is a 21.5'' tn 1080p monitor and 16:9) 

also my specs are on my profile page 

thanks in advance

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Hi !

i have some money saved up from the last years and because i already own a good gaming pc i wanted to upgrade something and ended up upgrading my monitor.

so i have looked around and i am at the point where i can't decide, they there VERY similair but different so its the LG 29um67-p vs 34um67-p.

so now here my question is it worth it to save up for the extra 5 inches or is then PPI to low ?

also in the video of linus where he reviewed this monitor he says that it is 75 HZ but at the stores where i look it just says 60hz so am i missing something ?

and what monitor do you guys recommend (can also be a other monitor) 

(i am upgrading from a Samsung Syncmaster B2230HD which is a 21.5'' tn 1080p monitor and 16:9) 

also my specs are on my profile page 

thanks in advance

Hi. Personally i think the 29inch 1080p is alright. But a 34inch 1080p is too pixelated, unless you really sit far away, but i dont think that the case. 

Normally with freesync off its at 60. With freesync on it has a limit of 75hz(48-75 Hz).

With the prices of the 29um67 and the non-freesync varients becoming much2 cheaper its hard to say. Since you already have a 290 what should be able to play within the freesync ranges of the um67, for now..

I would go with a non freesync 34inch 1440p or the 29um67

Hi. Personally i think the 29inch 1080p is alright. But a 34inch 1080p is too pixelated, unless you really sit far away, but i dont think that the case. 

Normally with freesync off its at 60. With freesync on it has a limit of 75hz.

With the prices of the 29um67 and the non-freesync varients becoming much2 cheaper its hard to say. Since you already have a 290 what should be able to play within the freesync ranges of the um67, for now.. Personally i would go with a non freesync 34inch 1440p or the 29um67

thanks ! 

but so if i just turn freesync on then it is increased to 75 hz? just to be clear?

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

thanks ! 

but so if i just turn freesync on then it is increased to 75 hz? just to be clear?

With freesync on its displaying inbetween 48-75 Hz depending on your graphics card ability to put out the frames. 

Do note that going over the limit, you will have to decide to see screen tearing again, or use vsync.

Going under that limit you will see small stutters. So it really does depend on the game you are playing and what settings you are using. 

As long as you keep in that range you are golden. If you exceed its not too bad, but going below 48 is not a nice experiance.

And becuase of that i would say... If the price difference between a non-freesync 29inch and a freesync 29inch is not much, get the freesync! .. if the difference is big, tell me the games you play so i can help you decide.

Im just basing of the prices from geizhals:

LG Electronics 29UM55-P, 29" - 244eur

LG Electronics 29UB67-B, 29" - 319eur

that difference to me, i would spend elsewhere. Especially becuase the 29um67 has a very narrow windows of framerates it can handle. its quite easy for games to move below 30 to above 75..