ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP Extreme Starts Selling the for only $700 + review from gurud3d

ahhming

One of the fastest air-cooled GeForce GTX 980 Ti graphics cards in the market.

It offers some of the highest factory-overclocked speeds for the GTX 980 Ti, with 1253 MHz core, 1355 MHz GPU Boost, and 7220 MHz (GDDR5-effective) memory, compared to reference speeds of 1000/1076/7012 MHz.

10a.jpg
http://www.techpowerup.com/213992/zotac-geforce-gtx-980-ti-amp-extreme-starts-selling.html 

http://www.zotac.com/en/products/graphics-cards/geforce-900-series/gtx-980-ti/product/gtx-980-ti/detail/geforce-gtx-980-ti-amp-extreme-zt-90505-10p/sort/starttime/order/DESC/amount/10/section/specifications.html

Review from guru3d
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/zotac-geforce-gtx-980-ti-amp-extreme-review,1.html
2pMhSun.png

VvhrKlW.png

eNPlTfO.png

Q2FG88p.png

wQpWUc1.jpg

r081dks.jpg

same as the evga one. 

ugly card, not a bad price 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Didn't Zotac have some quality control issues, or are those resolved now?

sold

Didn't Zotac have some quality control issues, or are those resolved now?

I know they've been making a larger marketing push lately and trying to set themselves as a premium card maker, but idk about their actual cards as of late. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Those are seriously solid numbers. I have a Zotac 770 and I can confirm they are quieter cards than some others and they OC nicely.

This looks to be one of the nicest 980 Ti cards around and puts the Fury X to shame.

Q2FG88p.png

wQpWUc1.jpg

Isn't that bottom pic a little misleading?

Anyone just looking at that would think that this card runs amazingly cool, since the graphic shows the card having the highest temperature of 55 degrees. But we know this isn't true, because the graph above it shows that the card reaches 72 degrees under load.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and "Refl. temp." is room temperature, which they subtract from the actual temps. Still, most people won't actually look that far into it and will just scream "Oh my god this card is the coolest thing ever".

Oh well.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Anyone just looking at that would think that this card runs amazingly cool, since the graphic shows the card having the highest temperature of 55 degrees. But we know this isn't true, because the graph above it shows that the card reaches 72 degrees under load.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and "Refl. temp." is room temperature, which they subtract from the actual temps. Still, most people won't actually look that far into it and will just scream "Oh my god this card is the coolest thing ever".

Oh well.

"Relf temp" is the room temp

"Relf temp" is the room temp

Thought that might be the case. Still, not many people do that and it's not displayed very well.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Oh well.

The core temp is 72°C.

The outside of the card won't ever be that hot.

The picture is accurate, and the "refl. temp." is just the room temperature.

It's not subtracted from the actual temperature.

The hottest part of the outer of the card is 53.2°C.

This makes sense with a core temp of 72.

Thermal cameras can't lie ;)

I have some definite concerns about the noise levels of this card.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I have some definite concerns about the noise levels of this card.

they actually diod noise test as well in the article.

they actually diod noise test as well in the article.

I read the article. That's what has me so concerned.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Somehow it manages to outperform many other cards, stay cooler... I'm impressed. Although, at 43 Db it isn't the quietest card, that's for sure. I bet it's similar to the G1, which was maybe even louder. Someone could probably check that out and compare.

The MSI is one of the quietest cards under load.

Somehow it manages to outperform many other cards, stay cooler... I'm impressed. Although, at 43 Db it isn't the quietest card, that's for sure. I bet it's similar to the G1, which was maybe even louder. Someone could probably check that out and compare.

The MSI is one of the quietest cards under load.

The Zotac AMP! Extreme is, according to Guru3D, two DBa louder than the Gigabyte G1 Gaming, which was already a noisy card compared to the MSI and EVGA.

I read the article. That's what has me so concerned.

im sure you could sacrifice higher temp and reduce the fan speed

Uhh, will be a tough sell, considering you can get a classified for slightly higher price and 10 times better customer support. Is it a fully custom PCB? No mention of this on the Zotac site. Also it's 3slotter vs 2slotter of evga.

The Zotac AMP! Extreme is, according to Guru3D, two DBa louder than the Gigabyte G1 Gaming, which was already a noisy card compared to the MSI and EVGA.

Uh, that's a really nasty con :/ If the 980Ti G1 cooler is anywhere close to the 780Ti one, then it's almost as loud as stock 290X :/

Yea, I suppose you could always profile the fan speeds down a bit and not MAX them out.

I guess you could get the classified but I've seen a lot of Coil Whine from EVGA lately.

I'd like to see this card in action though in a closed case and open.

Very fat.. How will i sli them on x99 deluxe and 5820k (28 lane) cpu