Overclocking i3-4370

Hello! How much can I overclock the i3-4370 CPU? Will there be a diffirence if I overclock it on MSI Z87i  mobo (4 chokes for CPU) or MSI Z87i Gaming mobo (6 chokes for CPU)? I know that this processor hasn't got unlocked multiplier, but still, the clock speed is overclockable. Base clock speed is 3.8 GHz, will I be able to reach 4.2 GHz, for example?

Hello! How much can I overclock the i3-4370 CPU? Will there be a diffirence if I overclock it on MSI Z87i  mobo (4 chokes for CPU) or MSI Z87i Gaming mobo (6 chokes for CPU)? I know that this processor hasn't got unlocked multiplier, but still, the clock speed is overclockable. Base clock speed is 3.8 GHz, will I be able to reach 4.2 GHz, for example?

You might be able to get a 5% increase to the base clock, but not much more than that.  Neither motherboard is going to hold it back.

locked multiplier = limited overclockability

i personally had an i7 2600 and it was locked to 42 which = 4.2GHz at stock bclk

you need to check in the bios if the CPU has a multiplier higher than 38, you wont be geting above 42 on a locked CPU.

then you can also ramp up bclk higher, it may crash your system since bclk overclock pcie these days as well

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

You might be able to get a 5% increase to the base clock, but not much more than that.  Neither motherboard is going to hold it back.

locked multiplier = limited overclockability

i personally had an i7 2600 and it was locked to 42 which = 4.2GHz at stock bclk

you need to check in the bios if the CPU has a multiplier higher than 38, you wont be geting above 42 on a locked CPU.

then you can also ramp up bclk higher, it may crash your system since bclk overclock pcie these days as well

Thanks a lot