Russia Relaxes Its Right to be Forgotten

jos

Lawmakers earlier this month gave preliminary approval to a draft bill that would have allowed people to say what information they wanted deleted from search results without even specifying hyperlinks — giving their right a far greater reach than their European counterparts. Others created a website spoofing the bill by showing what the Russian Internet would look like were the law to be adopted in its original form. For example, when entering Russian President Vladimir Putin‘s name, the fake search engine only shows one Wikipedia entry about him. All other requests on the spoof site return only blank pages.

after a meeting last week with Internet companies and critics, legislators passed a second reading of the bill this Tuesday with several amendments that brought it closer to the European version.

The Russian bill now requires people to provide specific hyperlinks to the information about them they want removed.  In the old version of the bill, for example, a man would be able to request deletion of a report about his involvement in a drunken brawl. The search engine would then have to find all links containing references to this report, determine whether those references are inaccurate, dated or illegal, and if they are, delete them.

I think if former draft was held all politicians can just say wipe all scandals.. But i guess it is in some way against freedom of information

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/30/russia-relaxes-its-right-to-be-forgotten/

In Soviet Russia Internet forgets you!

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

We can't forget you if you still exist ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...