Anyone know of or able to make program/extension to set facebook video volume?

CatzRuleZWorld

When I scroll through my facebook feed and want to watch a video I have to click play and asap change the volume or it'll be WAY too loud. I normally turn it down to about 10%. When I get to the next video or reload the page I have to do the same. It doesn't save the volume from the previous time. I would think there would be a way to make a plugin or something to make the HTML5 video set to a certain value when it loads. I have no idea how hard it is to make a chrome extension or if I just need a javascript something? Any solutions? I've tried a few extensions that look like they might help and can't find one that works. I have my computer volume set pretty low and set other programs like games or skype down low too. I then also have all the volume sliders in youtube, spotify, pandora set low so it's just facebook that I can't lower.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

If Facebook uses HTML5 for their video playback, you could use Javascript to automatically set the volume. The downside is that you'd need to get the ID of the element to do so.

<script>      document.getElementById("Element_ID_Here").volume=="0.0";</script>

The volume is set and retrieved in decimals, so for example 0.5 would be 50%, and 1.0 would be 100% volume. It also accepts more decimal places such as 0.01

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.