Dac and Amp which one?

You may not need an AMP / Dac depending on if you are using it on your mobo.  Especially with the 558's.

to jump into this thread which will probably attract knowledgeable people without spamming the forum with my own thread, if anyone can answer my question at the same time as OPs - Which DAC would be suitable for a pair of AD900x headphones and how much benefit would i hear from getting one? 

to jump into this thread which will probably attract knowledgeable people without spamming the forum with my own thread, if anyone can answer my question at the same time as OPs - Which DAC would be suitable for a pair of AD900x headphones and how much benefit would i hear from getting one?

To answer you and OP, HD558 and AD-900x dont really need amp.

To answer you and OP, HD558 and AD-900x dont really need amp.

i meant a DAC, not an amp, for improving sound quality. i know the AD900x has low enough impedence it doesnt need the amp part

i meant a DAC, not an amp, for improving sound quality. i know the AD900x has low enough impedence it doesnt need the amp part

Not really, if you're going to get into the nitty gritty an amp can improve quality... lower output impedance, lower noise, blah blah. The question is whether the majority of people will hear a difference with either upgrade and typically the answer is no.

A steak dinner on the other hand, the upgrade that will do to your life is tangible.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?