New Egg Problems

TA4LIFE
Go to solution Solved by TA4LIFE,

So Since there are a lot of mixed reviews I think that I will order my 16gb of ram from new egg. If this goes well without a problem then I can sort of trust them however if there is a problem and new egg refuses to cooperate then I will NEVER ever buy from new egg again and I will spread the word so that people are not stuck with a shitty ass companies that refuse to take responsibility for their bad parts because when you buy something online and you pay good money for it you should get exactly what you asked for and if there is a problem then they have to fix it because they are the one that is selling these parts that are not working. Once I have ordered my ram and seen that it works or does not work I will make a second post Titled "New egg Good" or "New egg Shit" talking about the experience with new egg.

So I was scrolling through the youtubes and I saw this video. I then opened the video and watched it and was shocked to find out that this was something that new egg did. Now I did not want to jump to conclusion and so I wanted to verify with other people that this problem is actually real and not something that has happened to this guy. Since i am planning to buy parts from new egg I need to verify that this is real. the video that I am talking about is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW_ypPNpU8A

I once order a case and RAM from them and got 3 of each in the mail and was charged 3 times, now they blocked me claiming im fraudulent.

EDIT: after 15 phone calls and hours of being on the phone they finally took them back.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

ive never had that happen, but over the last month newegg has had a lot of shipping issues even though i have their "premier" service.... about a week ago i ordered parts for my buddies pc, estimated shipping was over a week when i should be getting 3 day shipping, i called newegg up. told them to cancel my order, refund my premier membership, and i will tell ups to return to sender, they did so.... well today i had 2 boxes on my front step... one from amazon and newegg, both with the same item but amazon actually gave me the 2 day shipping that prime members get.... *********INCLUDING HANDLING******** and new eggs 3 day took about 8 days to get here. needless to say go amazon all the time... even IF the cost of an item is a few bucks more, if anything is wrong amazon is MUCH faster at resolving issues and will even arrange for ups to pick it up free of charge. ive had newegg ask me to ship it to them.

only buy from newegg if they have a REALLY good sale on something you want/need

I once order a case and RAM from them and got 3 of each in the mail and was charged 3 times, now they blocked me claiming im fraudulent.

EDIT: after 15 phone calls and hours of being on the phone they finally took them back.

Oh boi that sounds like the time of your life -_- every time I see a new egg post 9/10 there are problems with new egg. Starting to reconsider buying from them.

Oh boi that sounds like the time of your life -_- every time I see a new egg post 9/10 there are problems with new egg. Starting to reconsider buying from them.

Dont.. amazon, ncix, canada computer and ebay r way better

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

Most of my parts are going to be coming from the companies that you just mentioned however my G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ram is coming from new egg and I do not want to risk having some bullshit from new egg delaying my already late Pc build.

Most of my parts are going to be coming from the companies that you just mentioned however my G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ram is coming from new egg and I do not want to risk having some bullshit from new egg delaying my already late Pc build.

RAM doesent matter if its used.. just the principal of it. I have purchased used RAM on ebay many times but thats really the only part of a pc id buy used other than a power supply.

Good luck!

All I know, Newegg has a horrible return department in my experience. I always recommend Amazon+Prime Shipping, so you know you're in good hands. 

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom.CPU: i5 6600k w/ H100i

PSU: Corsair RM 850GPU:  GTX 980 Ti Case: NZXT 820 Full Tower

I mean that sucks but this guy is just a huge bag of hot air. Phone them up and get a replacement. Did he really need a 10minute video about it?

If you see at the end he says that he is going to change the links to amazon if they don't cooperate and at the end in big red letters he says that he changed all the links to parts from new egg to amazon proving that he called them and that they refused as usual.

I mean that sucks but this guy is just a huge bag of hot air. Phone them up and get a replacement. Did he really need a 10minute video about it?

Watch the video, this isn't the first or even second or third time this has happened. This guy is also not building a gaming rig that he can just wait around all day for parts, he's building these pc's for clients. He's more than likely a business customer as he seems to order quite a bit of stuff. Newegg has been on my do not buy list for a couple od weeks now since they screwed up my last order. Before that, I bought an SSD that was refurbished (I'll never buy refurbished again) and it destroyed my main partition causing me to rebuild my OS. They refunded the cost of the drive and that was nice but I lost a lot of time rebuilding my OS. 

I'm done with newegg. I like their website but I'll not buy from them again unless it's just a stupid deal that I can't get anywhere else. 

Now, one thing I've been wondering is, all these people having problems with Newegg. Are they actually ordering from Newegg or a third party seller going through Newegg? I've been ordering stuff from Newegg for over 10 years and have NEVER had a problem. I've had ONE dud motherboard that I returned and bought a different model. There wasn't even a shipping charge. The only thing approaching a problem that I had was that despite the fact it came from the Indiana warehouse, it had to go back to the California warehouse, which meant took a bit to get my refund. I didn't really find it unreasonable though. The thing is, I've always made sure that the item is listed as Shipped and Sold by Newegg. I don't really like dealing with third party sellers. Even on Amazon, unless it's some obscure item, I always make sure what I order is either sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon. So far, that's ensured that ordering from either one, I usually don't have problems.

Every power supply I've ever bought came from Newegg. Every Case, every hard drive or SSD, every monitor, my receiver and speakers, all but one video card, and a load of other stuff all from Newegg. 10 years and ONE defective item that was refunded and replaced.

Also, biggest reason I don't like third party sellers. I used to work for one that both Amazon and Newegg deal with. I won't say who they are but they are notorious for doing exactly what this guy is having problems with. That's part of why I quit and definitely why I don't like going through third party sellers on Newegg.

Haven't had many problems to speak of with newegg and i feel they have gone or of their way a couple times. They made good on an price typo (480gb ssd for 99$ with 4gb ram), shipped and handled my entire build in under 5 days half a country away with standard shipping, and sent me a case of 6 steel series mouse pads instead of only one that i ordered and payed for. I've only made about 15 purchases ranging from 5$ to 1200$ which I'm sure is nothing compared to many. I guess there was the mouse that came covered in a strange sticky white residue.... On the actual mouse.. I just cleaned it off and never even called em about it because i didn't want to deal with sending it back and waiting and whatnot

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

You gotta be nuts to think eBay is better than Newegg. I got 80% of my part list from newegg aside from DoA ram and never had a problem with them even with my previous purchases.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

In all the years I've been ordering computer parts online, I'd say 85% of my purchases have been from Newegg, and never had a problem. I helped a buddy build his computer recently and he ordered everything but his case and keyboard from Newegg (they weren't available there) and everything arrived pristine and neat, new in box. 

Perhaps this guy just has the worst luck to get so many mistakes, or I've got the best luck to never get a mistake. Either way, until I get screwed, I'll still give them my business, they have good prices, and (in my experience) excellent customer support.

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

Been buying primarily there since 2004. I've never had this happen and the fee things that have just get in contact with them. As long as your reasonable they'll fix it all up.

Also I've seen this guy's videos before and it always reminds me, if he can made them I really need to so people have another choice other than him.

Bunches of his videos are like that and yep that's what you do. Stuff happens, especially in big companies like that. Hell stuff happens at your local retailer to, trust me.

ive never had that happen, but over the last month newegg has had a lot of shipping issues even though i have their "premier" service.... about a week ago i ordered parts for my buddies pc, estimated shipping was over a week when i should be getting 3 day shipping, i called newegg up. told them to cancel my order, refund my premier membership, and i will tell ups to return to sender, they did so.... well today i had 2 boxes on my front step... one from amazon and newegg, both with the same item but amazon actually gave me the 2 day shipping that prime members get.... *********INCLUDING HANDLING******** and new eggs 3 day took about 8 days to get here. needless to say go amazon all the time... even IF the cost of an item is a few bucks more, if anything is wrong amazon is MUCH faster at resolving issues and will even arrange for ups to pick it up free of charge. ive had newegg ask me to ship it to them.

only buy from newegg if they have a REALLY good sale on something you want/need

All I have to say is every issue I've had with newegg has been resolved within the chat session I've started. Those usually only last 10-15min max too.

Unless your in Canada NCIX has its issues. I bet it's the same for Newegg in Canada.

You gotta be nuts to think eBay is better than Newegg. I got 80% of my part list from newegg aside from DoA ram and never had a problem with them even with my previous purchases.

Ebay is never a good idea unless it's the only option because sadly you don't know exactly what your getting. Also unless their a licensed reseller, which is unlikely, you don't get a warranty. In the real of electronics warranties are quite important.

Now, one thing I've been wondering is, all these people having problems with Newegg. Are they actually ordering from Newegg or a third party seller going through Newegg? I've been ordering stuff from Newegg for over 10 years and have NEVER had a problem. I've had ONE dud motherboard that I returned and bought a different model. There wasn't even a shipping charge. The only thing approaching a problem that I had was that despite the fact it came from the Indiana warehouse, it had to go back to the California warehouse, which meant took a bit to get my refund. I didn't really find it unreasonable though. The thing is, I've always made sure that the item is listed as Shipped and Sold by Newegg. I don't really like dealing with third party sellers. Even on Amazon, unless it's some obscure item, I always make sure what I order is either sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon. So far, that's ensured that ordering from either one, I usually don't have problems.

Every power supply I've ever bought came from Newegg. Every Case, every hard drive or SSD, every monitor, my receiver and speakers, all but one video card, and a load of other stuff all from Newegg. 10 years and ONE defective item that was refunded and replaced.

Also, biggest reason I don't like third party sellers. I used to work for one that both Amazon and Newegg deal with. I won't say who they are but they are notorious for doing exactly what this guy is having problems with. That's part of why I quit and definitely why I don't like going through third party sellers on Newegg.

Yep I never buy from 3rd party on newegg and try not to on amazon unless it's the only way. Fullfilled by Amazon would be and exception. I really dont think newegg should have added 3rd party sellers. Or there should be a way to block the in your account settings.

Watch the video, this isn't the first or even second or third time this has happened. This guy is also not building a gaming rig that he can just wait around all day for parts, he's building these pc's for clients. He's more than likely a business customer as he seems to order quite a bit of stuff. Newegg has been on my do not buy list for a couple od weeks now since they screwed up my last order. Before that, I bought an SSD that was refurbished (I'll never buy refurbished again) and it destroyed my main partition causing me to rebuild my OS. They refunded the cost of the drive and that was nice but I lost a lot of time rebuilding my OS.

I'm done with newegg. I like their website but I'll not buy from them again unless it's just a stupid deal that I can't get anywhere else.

Yep most of his builds seem like cheap builds with alright parts, nothing special. Dudes apparently just got bad luck or maybe someone over at Newegg doesn't like him [emoji14]

This guy is an idiot. I bet be bought an open box one and just made the video to try to get more views. I saw one of his videos a while ago and he was going crazy over people telling him not to build on top of an antistatic bag which you're not suppose to. Ignore and move along. However, you should know that Newegg's very strict on their policies so returning stuff is annoying and they do check serial numbers to make sure you actually bought the item from there. I have Newegg Premier so they let me return anything which is very nice. I think it's worth the $50 a year if you buy more than like 10 items a year and want the security of trying stuff out with no risk because they pay for return shipping and waive any restocking fee even if it's open. 

Unless your in Canada NCIX has its issues. I bet it's the same for Newegg in Canada.

Canada